Urgent help please armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help please armband

Hi sorry I only have one photo but if anyone can say one way or the other if this looks period I’d be very grateful.Thanks

Looks good.

Radek

Comment

What you show in one photo is typical of the materials and construction of original armbands. An image of half a thumb would show my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for the replies the seller wants £93 for this armband and it did look the part but I was a bit put off because it had no smell and I thought if it was 80 years old it should smell a little musty

Comment

Depending on where and how the armband was stored, there may or may not be an associated smell. It's often stated that one should judge the piece and not the story. I would also say judge the piece and not the aroma.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Any more opinions on this armband would be most appreciated I’m thinking of buying it tomorrow.

Comment

Seems good IHMO

Regards
              Mike

Comment

likeing it to.A good example imo

Comment

Looks good from here!

Comment

The materials look right. The construction of the Swastika in multiple overlapping pieces is typical of the period but is more commonly seen on HJ armbands. On party armbands like this, the Swastika is usually sewn directly into the circular white section. Shine an ultra violet light over the stitching. If it glows there is a problem. If not, it is probably good. I can't be 100% without more photos, but it looks right to me.
                    Last edited by judorichard; 07-11-2020, 05:21 AM.
                    Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

Well I went back and bought the armband because pretty much all the opinions were positive and here's some more photos . I have had another smell of it and I was mistaken there is definitely a musty smell which I know proves nothing but just thought I'd mention it. It was priced up at £125 but I managed to get it down to £90 .Would of been great if there was an RZM tag but then it wouldn't of been £90!
                      Thanks to everyone who gave me there opinions they really helped me make the decision to buy. IMG_1347.JPG IMG_1353.JPG IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1348.JPG IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1351.JPG IMG_1350.JPG

Comment

Nice example! I see no issues.

Comment

Looking at the additional photos you posted, it looks good to me. Congrats on a nice acquisition.
                          Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X