RAD Tunic and Cap for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD Tunic and Cap for Review

Hello everyone, I purchased this tunic and cap a good while ago from a local dealer and would like peoples opinions on the group. Personally I think it's perfectly fine, but I am planning on posting it on the estand and want some external opinions beforehand.

The tunic, cap, belt, and photograph came together but I don't know if it was pieced together from a previous owner. Sadly the broken glass on the picture is my fault, it fell off a box I had placed it on . The belt also came with the uniform, but is too small for the mannequin.

Either way, all opinions welcome!

more images

Comment

even more images

Comment

so many images

Comment

even more

Comment

sorry for the image spam

Comment

last one...

Comment

Mint badges on a such worn out and repaired jacket ...with work on it probably made postwar .
                Cap badge is a repro .
                The cap itself is "strange" ...
                Nick

Comment

My opinion is the same as Nicks, vitage tunic, probably striped with insignia added post war. I don't think the hat is even RAD/paramilitary....... Could be a civilian hat of some sort for skiing or something like that. Steve

Comment

This belongs in the RAD section. (Police and Civil section)
                    Anyway agreed, cap looks strange. It does not quite look like RAD Oive drab in color but in style it resembles OT....Strange color with added RAD cap insignia...
                    If its an officers impression (based on the collar tabs) the sleeve shield should be flatwire silver. Snown here is an enlisted version shield made with white embroidery...
                    The shoulderboards might be OK but look more like Army admin boards lacking "HV" cyphers....It definitely was not born this way.
                    I would re-restore it with RAD enlisted insignia...Since its presented as RAD admin officer they would probably wear a nicer tailored officer cut uniform for office use... not such a well worn field uniform of enlisted quality with enlisted sleeve shield...
                    Last edited by NickG; 08-06-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X