No announcement yet.

Bevo volkssturms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is absolutely no reason to believe that Volkssturm officers wore armbands that were in any way different from those worn by the enlisted men. I keep an open mind about these Volkssturm armbands in Bevo but the construction on those I have seen is vastly different from original woven armbands, as mentioned. I am suspicious.

Comment

I have to say I find the picture of the W on the armband most disturbing...
      There is a point about looking 80s and not 40s...

I cant think of any other armband or any other sign haveing such letters ....

To me,seeing the letters set up like that is enough to call the armband a bust !!!

Comment

I'm still going to keep an open mind about these bands, but until such time that I see some hard evidence that they are 100% original, I will always be skeptical too.

I would keep it it in my "maybe" pile.

Comment

That would be a very big "mayby" in my book ....

Comment

I agree that this would be in the maybe pile and won't say anything about these as well until there is a period pic. It is possible still though. To anybody that has one, when did you get it? If there is one from a vet or been in a collection since the 50's or 60's then it is more believable. Hopefully a period picture can come up some day to say that they did exists...

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPaul View Post
              I would say no ,there is no BeVo VS armband...
              I would say, there are "BEVo" Volkssturm armbands. I had one some 30 years ago, didn't take any picture alas! Can't remember if the letters had crisp, right edges of were that weird digital fonts.
              MP

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                Thanks for the link Dmv. Were these only given to officer's in the volkssturm?
                I can't see the reason why "BEVo"s' should have been issued to officers and printed ones to EM(NCos.
                MP

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPaul View Post
                  According to Hans Kissel book about the VS there is no mention of any wowen armbands..Please note that Kissel isnt just anybody,he was part of leadership of the VS,in its day!
                  Kissel mentions 3 types of armbands-------------none are wowen...

No doubt Kissel is an authority on the subject but he may have not been aware of "BEVo"s' being produced. Or "BEVo"s may have been made but never distributed.
                  For a start, WH Ski-Jäger Division's veterans have stated they wore only the WH Jäger three-leaf arm patch, but unquestiopnable WH Ski-Jäger three-leaf & crossed skiis patches d o exist, most likely having never been issued.
                  MP

Comment

I agree,there was no special VS officer armband....

I would say the weird shaped letters on the armband would have been easy to remember,even 30+ years later...

I still cant think of one armband or one sign from period time that shows similar letters...

Its a bust ,my opinion only ....

Comment

Is it POSSIBLE that a VS armband was wowen at some local factory and issued,without Kissels knowledge ??

Yes,it is possible....And Kissel wouldnt have mind wowen,as long as the armband forfilled its purpose,to be a uniform for the VS...

Is it possible or even likely that such an armband would have such letters ??
                      Most defenatly NO to that...
                      These letters wasent even know or used with such edges in the 40s,and not just in Germany but to my knowledge,NOWERE in Europe...If such letters was a possiblety I think they would have been used somewere by someone long before VS in 45...

Germans was pressed for time&resources long before the VS and I would think they would have used such letters SOMEWERÉ before this time,in coats,gear,anywere with wowen marks...

MY OPINOIN ONLY-----------that armband never saw a German jack-boot...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X