OOpps.... here's the pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Afternoon all:
      Here are a couple of Buicks.
      Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

And the other. First one is old ebay from Bobunk, Do not have the name on the second one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bill Hope you and yours are having a woonderful Christmas.. .Here is a recent purchase and I thought you wold enjoy... Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike: And...Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Given that the cars were not the subject of the photo, I had to fiddle with it a bit but my best guess is that the car on the right is a ca. 1935 Plymouth and the one on the left is a Renault.

Over the months, I have been seeing quite a lot of Chrysler products impressed or captured in France. Interesting as I was not aware that Chrysler Overseas Division had much interest in France. Ford had a heavy presence there, GM almost none except for the military trucks purchased by France in 1939-1940.
            Anyway, a very interesting addition to the photo archives.
            Bill

Comment

Bill Merry christmas to you and your family.

Here is a closer look at the cars in question. This photo grouping has a good number of quality car photos so I will post a few over the next week or so. Mike
              Originally posted by Bill Murray
              Thanks Mike: And...Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Given that the cars were not the subject of the photo, I had to fiddle with it a bit but my best guess is that the car on the right is a ca. 1935 Plymouth and the one on the left is a Renault.

Over the months, I have been seeing quite a lot of Chrysler products impressed or captured in France. Interesting as I was not aware that Chrysler Overseas Division had much interest in France. Ford had a heavy presence there, GM almost none except for the military trucks purchased by France in 1939-1940.
              Anyway, a very interesting addition to the photo archives.
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is another from the same grouping. The funny thing is I bought this one on ebay but it matches the cars, personel, and unit emblems of the album grouping I just purchased.So some photos must have made it seperatly to ebay. Glad I won the auction to reunite the grouping.

Any way I feel that the second car is a Chrysler or at least US made..

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike:
                  Great shots, keep em coming.
                  I was correct on the first one and in the second one, the lead car is a Peugot and the second one is a Matford. I forget if Ford bought out Mathis or the other way round, but in any case, they manufactured a range of both American style Fords and unique Matford styles up to pretty much the start of the war and of course, trucks all the way through 1944.
                  Attached is an ID chart showing the front sheet metal and the various styles.
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

impressed vehicle photos

Hi Mike, I saw your photos , the first is a Adler 2,5 liter Cabriolet, Hans

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
                    Here is another from the same grouping. The funny thing is I bought this one on ebay but it matches the cars, personel, and unit emblems of the album grouping I just purchased.So some photos must have made it seperatly to ebay. Glad I won the auction to reunite the grouping.

Any way I feel that the second car is a Chrysler or at least US made..

Mike

Comment

Hans is correct, as usual.

Merry Christmas Hans!! Nice to see you back posting again.
                      Bill

Comment

Vehiclesfriends

Hi Bill, thank you for you Christmas greetings, I wish you and all the friends of the forum a Merry Christmas to!! Hans

Comment

Hi Hans:
                          Some impressed Mercedes for you. Hope it has not been posted before.
                          Bill
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mercedes-Benz truck

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your superb photo , wenn I saw your picture I remember that I have also a Mercedes Truck photo in my collection , I don't know were this photo is taken.

Hans
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well Bill, at least I saw an american influence on the second auto.. Thanks for the ID card I will refer back to it and save it too boot.

Hi Hans! good to see you posting. Thanks for the ID on the adler. There were a couple more photos at least that I did not win from this album . I have contacted the eventual winners to try and purchase them but to no avail...

Mike

Comment

Here is what I think is a Russian Zis3.
                                Reason I post it is that it is a rather unusual photo in that it seems to show the Germans carting off everything that is not nailed down. There is a German bus in the column as well as a Chevrolet.
                                Photo from ebay some months ago.
                                bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X