BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Polish Atrocities Against the German Minorities in Poland" -- any info please?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Polish Atrocities Against the German Minorities in Poland" -- any info please?

Has anyone seen this book before, which is an English language edition? I did find a German language version listed on eBay. That is the first copy I had seen anywhere. And was surprised to see this English language version, which a friend just turned up from in an old house.

Seems to be a good attempt at German justification for invading Poland. Interesting take.

Any input on value? Or scarcity? Or demand?

This is the only pic that I have.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

are you sure that this book was wrote before WW2?
    Originally posted by DouglasDwight View Post
    Has anyone seen this book before, which is an English language edition? I did find a German language version listed on eBay. That is the first copy I had seen anywhere. And was surprised to see this English language version, which a friend just turned up from in an old house.

Seems to be a good attempt at German justification for invading Poland. Interesting take.

Any input on value? Or scarcity? Or demand?

This is the only pic that I have.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

After checking I saw 1940. Sorry.
      In 1946 same report was made by the US authorities
      https://sites.tufts.edu/atrocityendi...on-minorities/

Comment

Yes, it was published late 30's, or 1940, I'm certain of that.

Comment

Yes, that would be appropriate, given the German invasion of Poland in September of 1939 and the "Sitzkrieg" or "Phony War" of the eight months which followed, during which the Germans wanted to make a case that their attack on Poland was in response to the so-called "atrocities" which the Poles had supposedly committed against their German-speaking minority in residence there. This only lasted until the invasion of Belgium and France, after which the world's attention was directed elsewhere from Poland.

My out-of-print bookseller has a few copies of this English language version in stock, with selling prices of between $40.00 and $57.00, depending on condition, and they state that this book was published in 1940 by Volk und Reich Verlag, Berlin.

Br. James

Comment

never see this book before but about the subject we can discus

Comment

Hi,

common book, available in many languages.
              I have the German, French and English editions, and an earlier variation in German (called "Dokumente"), check below the small study i did.

Value is around 30 to 60 euros, depending on the condition.

The content is dead corpses in very bad condition, which may have been killed by the war, and not actual reprisals.

German propaganda released various other books on the alleged atrocities committed by the Polish militias.

Poland also released a few period publications on the German atrocities.

All in all, the number of Volksdeutsche civilians killed by the Polish militias is still disputed today, and it is still used by neo-nazi revisionnists and right wing movements.

It is now confirmed that a 5th column from saboteurs commanded by the Abwehr was present in Poland, and that Volksdeutsche militias attacked Polish troops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1939)

German forces, including Waffen-SS and the Einsatzgruppen will kill around 30,000 to 50,000 Polish civilians, POWs, priests, Jews in late 1939.
              10 to 20 times the alleged number of Volksdeutsche killed.

See You

Vince
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

if we can have the same opinion on those terrible events, i think that we should focus on the books and publications instead.

Here is the book published by the Polish government in London.
                This book exist in French and English (so far).
                The content is less graphic/"factual", and is - i will say - more the kind of "usual propaganda" used during WW1, nothing like the propagande machine developed by Nazi Germany (and the series of books we are currently talking of).

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X