CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much do Mein Kampf issues cost these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice early one, the earliest ones I have are two 1934 editions and the rest are 1936, 1938 and a couple 1940, 1942 and the youngest I have is 1944...do you know if there were any further 1945 dated editions? Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
    pic #2
    Last edited by torstenbel; 03-30-2005, 06:19 AM.

Comment

I have never seen a 1945 edition and never heard of one - but that doesn´t mean that they don´t exist !!! It´s quite possible.
      I have seen cigarette cards for the album "Adolf Hitler" which were stamped "May, 1945" !!!

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts

P.S. The official term for the "Hochzeitsausgabe" is "Sonderausgabe Standesamt", which was marked on the card boxes of the Kriegsausgabe !!!
      silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

I also have not seen a Mein Kampf dated in 1945, but I bet we will find one someday!

Greg
        sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
        www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
          Cheers,
          ustufvorwaerts

P.S. The official term for the "Hochzeitsausgabe" is "Sonderausgabe Standesamt", which was marked on the card boxes of the Kriegsausgabe !!!
          You mean. like this one ???...
          Attached Files

Comment

and here is a close up of the printing in my last message...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Torsten,

Do any of your Hochzeits "Sonderausgabe" not have the city seal embossed on the front in gold? Was there a difference between the ones printed for large cities with the city name printed on the presentation page and the more "generic" ones where the Gemiende name was to be filled in by hand?

The slipcase for the only wedding edition I have is dark gray and has no markings on it, like the case for my 50th birthday edition.

Regards,
              Greg

Comment

Greg, I have two that have the city chrest embossed in gold...Ingelheim and Bonn (pics for both will follow next)...I think these were specially commissioned by the City itself...all others I have do not have the city chrest impressed and I even have one for Stuttgart, which is a rather large city and that does not have it...and some have the forms filled in by hand some are printed...send me your email address and I can send you sample pics for all 14 issues I have...Cheers, Torsten.

PS: Below is the cover for Ingelheim.

Originally posted by Greg Walden
                Hi Torsten,

Do any of your Hochzeits "Sonderausgabe" not have the city seal embossed on the front in gold? Was there a difference between the ones printed for large cities with the city name printed on the presentation page and the more "generic" ones where the Gemiende name was to be filled in by hand?

The slipcase for the only wedding edition I have is dark gray and has no markings on it, like the case for my 50th birthday edition.

Regards,
                Greg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by torstenbel; 03-30-2005, 10:24 AM.

Comment

and this the cover for Bonn...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel
                    ...would this be the red cloth one (see pic below) that you were talking about??...Cheers, Torsten.
                    Hi Torsten,

Looks like the "flexible cover" 1940 edition I picked up last week is the same as the one you showed. What was this edition called? My Kriegsausgabe lists a "Dünndruckausgabe" ("thin printing?") in linen for RM 7.20; could that be this edition? I had never seen this version before; is it common?

*** My bad, I just reviewed ustufvorwaerts post #13 and see that this is the Tornister Ausgabe. So what is the Dünndruckausgabe?

Regards,
                    Greg
                    Attached Files

Comment

spine
                      Attached Files

Comment

title page
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden
                          Hi Torsten,

Looks like the "flexible cover" 1940 edition I picked up last week is the same as the one you showed. What was this edition called? My Kriegsausgabe lists a "Dünndruckausgabe" ("thin printing?") in linen for RM 7.20; could that be this edition? I had never seen this version before; is it common?

*** My bad, I just reviewed ustufvorwaerts post #13 and see that this is the Tornister Ausgabe. So what is the Dünndruckausgabe?

Regards,
                          Greg
                          Greg, thank you for the pics...yes, this is the one that I have also...I am not at home now and cannot check, but if I recall correctly, then this flex cover book does not say in it what type of edition it is... of course it could be the one referred to as Duenndruckausgabe, but it could equally be the Tornisterausgabe...?...I do not know..?? I will be sending out a complete list of all 14x Mein Kampf which I am putting up for sale shortly...would you or anyone else like to receive this list by email??...just let me know...Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

"Watakushi no Kurushii" Adoruhu Hittora

Speaking of Mein Kampf .... does anybody know the value of one printed in Japanese? I have a volume that was liberated on Attu and still carries the US Intel data pasted on the backboard. It is volume "jo" ... Japanese print books sometimes in 2 or 3 volumes: jo [upper/1st], chu [middle/2nd], and ge [lower/3rd]. Hmmm ... maybe mine might be "ge" .. I'd have to look again.

Anyway -- is there any value due to (1) being printed in Japanese, and/or (2) where it was liberated?

Funny aside -- my father-in-law was a captain in the Japanese army and was on Attu.

Thanks,
                            Guy Power

Comment

Guy, what year was it printed and can you post a pic of the title page, cover and Adolf portrait page? Cheers, Torsten (ebay id german.militaria).

Originally posted by GHP
                              Speaking of Mein Kampf .... does anybody know the value of one printed in Japanese? I have a volume that was liberated on Attu and still carries the US Intel data pasted on the backboard. It is volume "jo" ... Japanese print books sometimes in 2 or 3 volumes: jo [upper/1st], chu [middle/2nd], and ge [lower/3rd]. Hmmm ... maybe mine might be "ge" .. I'd have to look again.

Anyway -- is there any value due to (1) being printed in Japanese, and/or (2) where it was liberated?

Funny aside -- my father-in-law was a captain in the Japanese army and was on Attu.

Thanks,
                              Guy Power

Comment

Torsten,

I'll scan them tomorrow. I apparently do not have attachment-authority, so will have to e-mail them to you. Can you PM me with your address?

Thanks,
                                Guy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X