Panzermänner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Aufklaerungs

A photo of Friedrich Tillman, an Oberfeldwebel with a Panzer A.A. Abteilung. I was fortunate enough to obtain several of his Urkunden with the picture. He served with Pz. A.A. 231 and Kradschuetzen Abt. 61 of the 11th Panzer Division. Herr Tillmann's last assignment was with the Panzer A.A. of the Feldherrnhalle Divison.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great pics everyone once again! Thanks for sharing. Here are a couple more.

Award ceremony.
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't know exactly what they are doing in this photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

Goofing around.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello
            here still few of my photos

Comment

Comment

Hello Stef,

Very nice Photos and thanks for sharing them with us. The third photo is very interesting in that the Panzermanner has a weird looking metal eagle on his cap and the totenkopf is on wrong. - Bill

Originally posted by Steff
                Hello
                here still few of my photos

Comment

Hello Bill
                  it could itself here around a SS cap eagle acting

Comment

Steff,

Very nice pic using a SS Cap eagle. Thanks for sharing! - Bill

Here is a pic of a DAK Panzermanner with CT that I rediscovered. Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

1 more with DRL Sportabzeichen

Comment

That eagle is, I think, the dragonadler used by one of the Panzer Regiments, I think PzRgt 11? Someone please correct me, but I think it dates back to the Dragoons traditions. It was used by only one Panzer Regiment.

Steve

Comment

Let's bring this thread back up. Here is a new photo of some Panzer men.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Crooked Skulls

Hi, in reference to the crooked skull in Pic 3 of Post 230....

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but does anyone have an informed answer to the question as to why so many Panzermaenner had their portraits taken with their skulls at odd angles?

I'm sure you have all seen many examples of this, including higher ranking soldiers. I can not believe that the bad alignment of the skulls was not noticed by the soldier or the photographer. These were formal portraits so even less obvious details would have been straightened out before the picture was taken or the photo would have been reshot if it was not intentional.

My theory - the sloppiness of the skull placement was a sign of being a front soldier with experience.

Any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz

Panzermanner #79
                              From posting 171, that is Cay-Lorenz Baron von Brockdorff, PR15 (you prob know already). Is that an original pic from an album or is it a repro that he sent you? I'd be very interested if there are other pics of him or PR15.

Frederick

Comment

some wonderful photos!

...it got hard to only observe.
                                Attached Files
                                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X