4 Panzer Portraits in Black Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Panzer Portraits in Black Wraps

Here are 4 nice portraits. They are part of a group which was split. These photos were taken in Russia 1943. They were ripped off an album. Some have the name of the soldier written on the back.
    Is it possible to tell if these photos were developed during or after the war? There is one of the photos of the group which says on the back "DDR". So either the owner had these pics from before and wrote the descriptions after the war or both happened post 1945. Is it possible to tell by the paper or something else? The usual Agfalupex etc are not printed on the back.
    Attached Files
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And this is the photo that got me wondering
          Attached Files

Comment

The last one looks like it was written by an old person – I've seen it many times, old veterans writing on the backs of photos – so I'd say the captions on the back were written a long time after the war.

Do you know which unit these panzer guys belonged to? Do you have any information about the rest of the group? The reason I ask is because a Panzer Lt. Rademacher is a name that crops up in my research, and I'm wondering if the man in your photo is the one I am researching.

Jason

Comment

The cross after DDR could mean that he died in the GDR.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
                I agree with both of you.

The hand writing indeed looks to be of an old man. I know from correspondence i had with German veterans. That's why i started wondering if the photos were developed during or post war because the captions were written for sure post war. I can't tell by the paper or anything else and i know that some collectors are experts on the subject hence my post here.

Jason i know from the captions on the other photos (which were not bought by me) that these were taken the summer of 1943 in Russia and that it was the 8th company but doesn't mention the regiment or division.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X