Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange uniform mix.

Hello,
    Please can somebody explain this? It is an eBay listing and has a most curious mix of Heer, SS, Luftwaffe and who knows what else.
    Thanks,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Yes, I'd like to read that explanation, too!!

Br. James

Comment

Almost certainly a decorated Heer Feldwebel, the cap borrowed or provided by the photographer I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
        Almost certainly a decorated Heer Feldwebel, the cap borrowed or provided by the photographer I would think.
        Visor with ss eagle?

Comment

numbers

Can you determine what the numbers on the shoulder straps are?

Comment

The numbers appear to be 179,
            Kerry.

Comment

some times you used what ever you could "scrounge" up. My first tour in Vietnam my Platoon had to wear South Vietnam army shirts because it's all we could find until new jungle jackets got to us. Tom

Comment

Are we even sure that this photo is from the period?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Are we even sure that this photo is from the period?

Br. James
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    Agreed, it was available at the studio, so he wore it. It's like the controversy about "Prinz Eugen" swords, when the Waffen-SS guys just held whatever sword was at the studio. 50 years earlier, Native Americans posed with US Army gear, or symbols from other tribes, because it was at the studio and made for a good photo. It's an ongoing trend.

Comment

I have a studio portrait of a Heer OR wearing a mid-war tunic and a Luft. Gebirgs style field cap complete with LW eagle and roundel.

Comment

Are you sure this is not the walking dress for the so secret unit of Heer NCO in the Flying Waffen SS? I know they were very active in the late part of the war fighting the flying monkeys from Oz, Himmler was really afraid of them, the flying monkeys.

Jokes apart, I am with the idea of a photograph studio prop, we can check online and find some weird combos due the fact that it was what the studio has and no matter if fits or not. Just another bizarre photo from Germany.

Thanks for showing it.

Angel
                        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X