Goring Stationary - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goring Stationary - Help Please

I recently acquired two identical pieces of this stationary along with a few other items from a family. The other items are an IC 2nd, a Russians n Front Medal and 2 streling Combat Infantry Badges. I am quite certain that the 2 medals and CIBs are original so I assume the stationary is as well (but I could be wrong). Any help regarding the stationary would be most appreciated. They do have a water mark in the paper and they measure 21cm X 15cm. Here are some photos (apologizes for the poor quality):
    Attached Files

I believe the 2nd line references the 4 year plan (not sure though) and do not know what the 3rd line (printed in red) means nor the 4th line with D.P. And horizontal line so any translations n help,would be most appreciated. Here's a closer view:
    Attached Files

Comment

A view of the address area:
      Attached Files

Comment

More more view. Again, any help would be most appreciated:
        Attached Files

Comment

trans

The third line is Secretary of State, the fourth is actually V. P. I am not certain what the abbreviation means.

Comment

I believe this to be an authentic example of one of the sheets of letterhead stationery Göring used, and the most interesting thing about it is that it captures a number of the high-ranking roles he held in the Third Reich:

* Göring was granted the title of Reichsmarschall by Hitler for his role in the Battle of France, and this made Göring the highest ranking military figure in the country;

* As President of the Reichstag, Göring held the title of Commissioner of the Four Year Plan, which recognized his responsibility for the national war economy;

* Göring held the double-role of President and Secretary of State of the Province of Prussia.

The address on the right side of the letterhead is that of Göring's vast headquarters and office, the new Reichsluftfahrtministerium – the National Air Ministry Building -- located less than two blocks from the Reichschancellery in the Government District of Berlin.

For just one sheet of paper, it packs quite a bit of responsibility...as did the Reichsmarschall!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              I believe this to be an authentic example of one of the sheets of letterhead stationery Göring used, and the most interesting thing about it is that it captures a number of the high-ranking roles he held in the Third Reich:

* Göring was granted the title of Reichsmarschall by Hitler for his role in the Battle of France, and this made Göring the highest ranking military figure in the country;

* As President of the Reichstag, Göring held the title of Commissioner of the Four Year Plan, which recognized his responsibility for the national war economy;

* Göring held the double-role of President and Secretary of State of the Province of Prussia.

The address on the right side of the letterhead is that of Göring's vast headquarters and office, the new Reichsluftfahrtministerium – the National Air Ministry Building -- located less than two blocks from the Reichschancellery in the Government District of Berlin.

For just one sheet of paper, it packs quite a bit of responsibility...as did the Reichsmarschall!

Br. James
              Yes, I agree. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                I believe this to be an authentic example of one of the sheets of letterhead stationery Göring used....

Br. James
                Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. This item of stationery comes from the office of the State Secretary for the Four Year Plan. That was not Göring. The post of State Secretary for the Four Year Plan was held by Paul Körner. Göring would not have used stationery from the office of a subordinate.
                Max.

Comment

Thanks, Max -- good catch and good point! And I take it that you're not questioning the originality of this letterhead sheet itself?

Welcome back...we've missed your skill and eagle eye among us!

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X