Deutsche Stenografenschaft Mitgliedskarte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Stenografenschaft Mitgliedskarte

Hi, I just picked up a membership card for the german stenographers association. It is in superb condition, looks like it was issued last week; which makes me think that maybe it was!

Although strictly speaking it's off topic for this forum, would anyone object if I post some scans for your perusal? or could anyone point me in the direction of a more appropriate forum perhaps?

Cheers,
    David.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Hi David,
    Can you post a scan of it? Some of these documents do tend to look new nad printed yesterday as they seemed to have been tucked away in the back of a draw virtually since the day they were issued!!
    I have a couple of Soldbuch that look new and must have been kept in a cover of some kind to stay in that condition.....some people however left their documents to the elements and usually worse for wear!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian, Here they come.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Inside front cover.

What has me worried is that, if I am reading the dates correctly, then our Frank Sinatra look-alike here is supposed to be 18 years old. Now, looking at the photograph I would give him at least mid 20s if not early 30s.

Comment

Are these "paper clips" correct for the period?

Comment

The last page, again note the clips. One of the pages is of card and repeats the info on the inside cover, but it is typed this time, endorsed with the same stamp as before but not signed. Another page is for contribution stamps for the year 1938-39. There are only ink stamps for November through February. The rest consists of what looks like 5-6 pages of rules and regs on poorer quality paper. The other pages are impossible to scan without dismantling the book.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
            David.

Comment

No one have one to compare?

David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X