No announcement yet.

Der Fuhrer Gold Letter head signed doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price for this condition is to high with this monster spot.

Comment

Shame that the spot is a problem, note this was sent while Hitler was down in the Fuhrer bunker..

Again it's about the history general interest.

It's not a bloody stamp or a coin, it is real history (warts and all!!)

Comment

If this document is original, and I can´t see anything alarming, it´s almost impossible to value, IMO.
        Why? Because it´s up to every collector how much he wants it!
        I would´t pay many Euros for it, not even to make profit. On the other hand, I would pay much, much more for items within my collecting area, than most other collectors would.
        To say "a Hitler signature is just worth..." is unprofessional, IMO.

Comment

Well reasoned and well said.

Comment

Date of his retirement matches up, but I have never seen such a document to a retiring General before. Would be interesting to find out if there are any further examples existing in collections of this particular document with the same type font and letterhead style signed by A.H to other Generals who retired. There were not a few Generals who were retired for one reason or another during the war.

Comment

Perhaps Hitler liked him very much? Perhaps he was a holder of the golden party badge?

Comment

He could have had a pre-war political connection, or not. That would have to be researched further. His last front command was in 1942. After that he served in various administrative capacities in Gemrany until his retirement. Possibly his having been awarded the RK could of had some bearing for the document along with his 43 years of service, but other Generals were awarded the RK and retired after long careers before the war ended.

Would be interesting to find out if similar examples of this particular later war document to retired Generals exist.
                Last edited by Edward; 09-03-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

It could very well be original....so calked Führermachine typewriters were very scarce and made with Hitlers deteriorating vision in mind as related yo me by Traudl Junge whom I was a friend of some years ago.
                  And comjng from Supreme Headquarters that late...it would be certainly worth thousands ....how many exist in privat hand?

Comment

Also of interest is the mentioning in the letter "Mein Bild und...".

The general in question received Hitler's picture and most probably that would be the picture in the formal silver frame with dedication and signature.

I wonder where that picture is now, and the letter could be a welcome addition to it.
                    "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Very interesting, I did wonder why the typewriter font was so large.

Thanks to all for the additional information.

Comment

Ps highly likely also typed by Frau Junge too...

Comment

Instinct to

I did secretly hope so.

This last stage of the war is endlessly fascinating to me, first time for me in Berlin was March 1989, then 1996 and finally last year.

Every time I go there I walk endlessly around the historic city.

Comment

I like it Just think about the situation that late in the war, Hitler must have really liked this general. To bad about the stain

Comment

Found this similar example in The German Cross in Gold book by Dietrich Maerz.

Note, it is an earlier August 1943 version in regular size type font.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by nzef1940; 09-05-2016, 03:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X