Afrika korp & SS bible w/ writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika korp & SS bible w/ writing

Hey guys, recently a bible has surfaced within my family (from Germany and fought in world war 2) that is from someone in the family. Unfortunately the only person who could've told us anything about the bible has now passed away. The original owner, as shown in the pictures, was in the Afrika korps. If anyone could give me some insight into who this is, where he was stationed, what branch/unit he was in, what he did in the military, or really any information about him or what he writes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by DooseHoward; 01-08-2016, 12:01 PM. Reason: picture fix

total nonsense,no ss were in afrika korps,writing post war mate sorry

Comment

Originally posted by daggeron View Post
      total nonsense,no ss were in afrika korps,writing post war mate sorry
      Well, maybe he wasn't in the SS and just wrote "waffen SS" for another reason? But I know for a fact that this is authentic and comes from within my family.

Comment

Maybe a German member can step in, but as far as i can see this is written by someone who doesn't has German as his first language.
        I wonder if an allied soldier or some kid made this up.

By the way, the bible itself is South-African.
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
          Maybe a German member can step in, but as far as i can see this is written by someone who doesn't has German as his first language.
          I wonder if an allied soldier or some kid made this up.

By the way, the bible itself is South-African. I can read some of the "Dutch" text.
          Again, this comes from my 100% German family. A good portion of which served in world war two.

Comment

The printed writing was written by an American. There are obvious Americanisms. Sorry, but as this has been pointed out, it's fake.
            Max.

Comment

As off-site pix tend to disappear, here are the pix again.

I have to agree, the German text/writing is complete nonsense, with an edge to "pumping up" the value (i.e., mentioning Rommel, the SS, etc.)

best
              Hank
              Attached Files
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

more

a;flkj
                Attached Files
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

more
                  Attached Files

Comment

fslkj
                    Attached Files

Comment

last pic

last of the pix
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X