Reichskulturkammer (RKK) member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichskulturkammer (RKK) member

Hello All - saw a thread in the tinnies + pins section about an RKK membership pin and it reminded me of this nice little grouping I have to a dancer.

Here is here membership book paid up until May 1944 (other entries go back to 1941) although her Arbeitsbuch indicates she was active in the theatre until after that.

Curt
    Attached Files

couple of pages from her Arbeitsbuch
    Attached Files

Comment

Her Reisepass shows she travelled to Sweden and Denmark during the war
      Attached Files

Comment

more from the Reisepass
        Attached Files

Comment

also interesting is that it shows she used her Arbeitsbuch and Kennkarte after the war at least as ID because the "offending" symbols are covered up. I think the tape covering the swastika on the Arbeitsbuch has come off because it looks like it left a bit of residue.
          Attached Files

Comment

Best regards,
            RonR

Comment

Hi Curt,

Love these sort of groupings, many thanks for showing!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Pretty girl. Did you ever find out what happened to her after the war?
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for the Reichskulturkammer ID's. Some are plain but many have nice stamps and construction.
                  Jeff

Comment

Very nice group Curt. Here's a different kind of identity card, I assume oil-cloth would be an appropriate name for the material. One reflection when read about her occupation: I wonder if anyone nowdays would view an art-dealer as "culture-worker"

cheers
                    Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

These are very interesting ! Thanks for posting ! Tom

Comment

Thanks all for looking and commenting.

Stonemint - sorry, I'm afraid I don't know what happened to her. I'm embarrassed to say I actually cannot remember exactly where I got this grouping so I don't know if I can follow up.

Peter - thanks for showing the Ausweis. I would certainly think an art dealer would be considered a cultural worker if only in the sense that they deal in and sell art. Even though they may not produce their own work.

Curt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X