Funny Göring telegram sold for $ 55.000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
    It wasn't sent in clear text, the shortening will have happened at the encoding phase.
    I forgot about that. The operator could have garbled one or more of the code groups and fixed the text to make it readable. The communication guys in the bunker were a hard pressed lot.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderautogr View Post
      I tire of spending time defending items we sell against attacks by those with an agenda, well illustrated if one were to check the comments history of some of those posting here.

Has anyone bothered to read the catalog description? Has anyone read David Irving's citation and mention of the Bradin Papers in Irving's biography of Goring? Seen the Bormann notes removed from the bunker by Bradin? Checked the younger Bradin's CV (Lieut. Col, intelligence)? Have you spoken to Bradin and Irving to confirm provenance and authenticity?

I could publicly posit (in a forum?) that everything in someone's collection is "fake", demand that they "prove" its authentic, and then anonymously sit back and stir it up...but that would make me a troublesome internet "troll", no?

I will no longer comment on this subject.

while conducting a search on this guy I find yet Another wonderful item sold by Bill Panagopulos,,this guy reminds me of someone else with the initials C. G.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderautogr View Post
        I demand an explanation as to why David Fettes chose to alter the original image of the "Goring telegram" to make it appear as if there was a "double strike".

This type of behavior, a pre-planned sabotage of a legitimate item using altered images, is absolutely unacceptable.

I told moderator Simon O., who infracted me for suggesting that Davis Fettes was far-sighted, that I was done with WAF. Well, just about, until I saw this egregious, near-criminal act. Clearly, some people here are trying to get their "15 minutes of fame" through any means possible, including apparently fraud, manipulation, innuendo, character assassination, etc.

Explanation NOW, please!

BTW It is David IRVING, not David IRVINE. An astute researcher such as yourself should at least credit the right parties.
        I'm rather shocked Mr Bill hasn't threatened legal action over this,,it seems to be his M.O.,,I thought in a previous comment he was done commenting on this? seems he just couldnt help himself

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X