NSKK Book for appraisal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Book for appraisal

Hi, I really don't know where to post this book.
    A friend of mime wants to sell it.
    It is in mint condition and obsiously a rare with leather cover and original cardbox edition.
    Was in a soldatenhein in Morlaix (Brittany, France) and after the liberation the FFI stamped it.
    there is about 130 high quality photos in this book.
    The book is almost unread and is coming with an extra a drossen day tag dated 6/6/ 1937. The pin is not present.
    My question is before putting it on estand, how much will nbe a correct price?
    Thanks for your help
    Pictures

Absolutely no idea?

Comment

An interesting title, one with which I am unfamiliar. According to listings by book dealers, this title was published in one edition in 1936 only, by the Zentralverlag -- the Central Publisher of the NSDAP -- and the many photos were credited to Heinrich Hoffmann as well as other photographers. The book is a photo-history of the NSKK and is considered to be rare, though apparently a number of copies are available. The offering price runs from US$300.00 to over US$750.00.

This edition was only published in soft binding -- paperback -- and apparently someone went to the trouble of having a copy bound in leather to protect it from wear and tear. The binding appears to be amateurishly-done; the swastika and the lettering on both the cover board and the spine do not appear to be professionally-done. The binding was applied to the entire paperback book, with the original cover as the opening page.

Again, a very interesting piece! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Br. James

Comment

http://www.od43.com/NSKK_Sturmstander_Vi_1936.html

http://www.usmbooks.com/NSKK_history.html

Gerdan

Comment

I check the book well. It seems that the leather bounding has been done localy in brittany.
          Thanks for the details. I m sending it back to my friend.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X