WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erma EMP - Photo re: Police Use in Combat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erma EMP - Photo re: Police Use in Combat?

Attached is a photo that I found on the net, showing German police using the Erma "EMP" machinepistol in combat. I say "combat" use as, considering the police are carrying hand grenades and other combat-related gear, I assume that the individuals pictured were engaged in front-line combat operations.

Is anyone familiar with this photo? I would like to obtain a high-quality scan of the photo for use in connection with the display of a live (and legally registered) German police issue EMP that I am in the process of acquiring here in the U.S.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Also, if anyone has other photos of EMP's in combat use, please add them to the thread.

Note: The EMP shown in the photo appears to have the "flip up" type rear sight and the police-mandated bolt lock mechanism. Many EMP's that I have observed in combat use (typically by Waffen SS) differ from the police issue guns. The Waffen SS guns typically have the adjustable rear sight and do not have the bolt lock mechanism (and also frequently have 30 shot mags installed in them, versus the 20 shot mags used by the police).
    Attached Files

Here is the EMP that I am purchasing (seller's photo). Note that it has the "flip up" type rear sight and the bolt lock mechanism.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a better shot of the rear sight and bolt lock mechanism. It is my understanding that the bolt lock mechanism was a police-mandated feature for all EMP's that were procured by the police.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mods: looks like I messed up and posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Please move to the "Photos" forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X