Ultra Rare "Ehrenbürgerbrief" Adolf Hitler 1932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Rare "Ehrenbürgerbrief" Adolf Hitler 1932

Fist time I have one in hands, sadly I dont know the translation for "Ehrenbürgerbrief" but you can figure out what it is.
    Size is 40 cm x 30 cm.
    Enjoy

Regards
    Sascha
    Attached Files

+
    Attached Files

Comment

++
      Attached Files

Comment

These are quite common, but for some unknown reason they sell for quite high prices. Why, I don't know? There were literally hundreds of towns and cities which gave Hitler the "freedom of the town/city." Some were extremely ornate documents, but hardly any were signed by anybody famous. Hermann Historica sold these by the cartload in the 1980s. For me, they are not at all interesting, being mainly an administrative document which Hitler would have received, only to put them in storage with all the others. Having said that, it's only my opinion and some other people obviously like them. That's what makes collecting so diverse.
        Max.

Comment

Hi Max,
          after 20 years of collecting this is the first one for me. I checked lot of dealers, nobody got one.
          But intersting to know what happend in the 80`s. So you `ve been arround the block for some time....
          Thanks
          Regards
          Sascha

Comment

I recently visited the Muenchener Stadtmuseum (Munich City Museum), and they have one of these Ehrenburger Documents on hand there. However, it's very ornate, somewhat on the order of a Knight's Cross (or higher) document. They were given to - as I recall - about a half dozen people to be honorary citizens of Munich.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The town is called Stein-Bockenheim (Rheinhessen). It is a village with about 650 inhabitants

today

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stein-Bockenheim

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                The town is called Stein-Bockenheim (Rheinhessen). It is a village with about 650 inhabitants

today

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stein-Bockenheim

Gerdan
                Maybe I asked them if they want it ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Emeredato View Post
                  Hi Max,
                  after 20 years of collecting this is the first one for me. I checked lot of dealers, nobody got one.
                  But intersting to know what happend in the 80`s. So you `ve been arround the block for some time....
                  Thanks
                  Regards
                  Sascha
                  Yes, I've been collecting for 40 years.
                  Maybe they are not as popular now. If you check with Hermann Historica, they regularly had them in their auctions--probably one in every auction during the 80s and early 90s, but they were much more ornate than yours. Quite often they would come in a tubular leather case, or something similar to Knights Cross cases. I never understood why they achieved the prices some of them did.
                  Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X