Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanzlei des Fuhrers stationary for review

Hello,

What do you guys think about this? Most of the stationary I see at this level has an embossed eagle?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
    Hello,

What do you guys think about this? Most of the stationary I see at this level has an embossed eagle?
    Sorry, but you are mistaken. Stationery at this level is not usually embossed. Maybe you are getting confused with Hitler's personal correspondence, which this is not? Kanzlei des Führers stationery is just office paper from the office of Reichsleiter Philipp Bouhler. The office was eventually absorbed by the Party Chancellery under Martin Bormann. It dealt with general correspondence addressed to Hitler, which consisted of hundreds of letters every day. Hitler did not use this stationery to send his personal or official replies, so your particular piece would not have gone anywhere near him.
    Whether or not your item is original or a post-war reprint remains to be seen, but it has little value even if real.
    Max.

Comment

Max tells it like it is!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Max tells it like it is!

Cheers,

Br. James

No question! But I didnt make any assertion that this was from Hitler's office or went anywhere near him? It's also not mine.

Just trying to confirm authenticity!

Best
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

As far as I can tell without holding the sheet in my hand, it appears to be genuine to the period. Max provides much hard information as to the history of this Reichschancellery-level department's function, and as we know, it is the use of letterhead stationery which gives it its ultimate value, not the printed paper alone.

Of course, if this were a sheet of private letterhead created for Hitler himself, or any of the other luminaries of the Third Reich, then there would be a degree of value here...but this is just a sheet of cheaply-offset stationery, for the use of staff members in responding to the numerous incoming letters received every day.

If this were a letter from a bureaucrat at Hitler's Private Office, signed by a known person, addressed to another known person, and if the letter's text discussed some historic event or occasion, then potential value would be present, but a blank sheet of paper is a blank sheet of paper... It may have limited value to a collector of blank letterhead -- and I do have a number of similar sheets in my own collection -- but nothing more than that.

Sorry to be short in my first response, my friend! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X