post your Graves photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder where the last photo is?
    Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 01-13-2015, 02:10 AM. Reason: to avoid location detection

Comment

Akira, that's incredible. I personally have never seen a graves photo in color....so it was even more sobering for me

Comment

Annelie, the photo was taken by a photographer who accompanied with 16.Panzer-Division on its way to Stalingrad. The photo was taken near Don river.
        Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 01-13-2015, 02:08 AM. Reason: to avoid location detection

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
          Annelie, the photo was taken by a photographer who accompanied with 16.Panzer-Division on its way to Stalingrad. The photo was taken near Don river.
          Absolutely beautiful photo, Akira.

Jason
          Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 01-13-2015, 02:08 AM. Reason: to avoid location detection

Comment

Here is a photo of Spanish Cross Holder & Legion Condor Panzer Badge holder Hauptmann Hans Joachim von Falckenberg. He was commander of 7./Panzer Rgt 1 and killed near Leningrad, this is his field grave. Thankfully he was later reburied at a proper cemetery. A true warrior.

Ive included an early photo of him from member Luckystrike23 w/ his LCB. I had this grave photo on the estand but had no interest surprisingly.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think I have a number of photos showing von Falckenberg in my Wolfgang Darius' photo estate (Darius was leading 6.Kompanie by the way). I'll dig'em up during the weekend.

Comment

I just saw this thread and have been looking throughout it for the past 30 minutes. I noticed a lot of graves have the soldiers helmet or a helmet placed on them. Did those helmets stay there or were they thrown back in to circulation to be used by new soldiers?

Comment

Some very grainy and scratched views, but still interesting,
                  Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A couple more,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

# 1158

below, right:

I found him in the Volksbund list:

Richard Frömel

Cemetery: Sewastopol - Gontscharnoje (UA), Ukraine

Grablage: Endgrablage: Block 2 - Unter den Unbekannten - among the unknown

Nachname: Frömel
                      Vorname: Richard
                      Dienstgrad: Gefreiter
                      Geburtsdatum: 16.11.1920
                      Geburtsort: Wiesa
                      Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 18.12.1941
                      Todes-/Vermisstenort: Höhe bei Mekensia

Gerdan

Comment

more i just got

just got these 3 today enjoy
                        Attached Files

Comment

aaaa
                          Attached Files

Comment

bbbbb
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Gerdan,
                              Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                                Here is a photo of Spanish Cross Holder & Legion Condor Panzer Badge holder Hauptmann Hans Joachim von Falckenberg. He was commander of 7./Panzer Rgt 1 and killed near Leningrad, this is his field grave. Thankfully he was later reburied at a proper cemetery. A true warrior.

Ive included an early photo of him from member Luckystrike23 w/ his LCB. I had this grave photo on the estand but had no interest surprisingly.
                                It would be great if we can add faces to the grave like this one, whenever possible so that we can remember him.

Your idea is appreciated, 12thPanzer, I will attach another photo of him with 7. Kompanie flag in return.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X