Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Panzer III ?

Hi guys,

I would like to get your opinions on whether or not you think that these two photos show the same Panzer III.

The first photo is in an album I own to a soldier who served in 2./Pz.Rgt.4 and shows his Panzer III and the rest of its crew in France circa June of 1940. He went on to serve as a Tiger I crew member in 2./s.Pz.Abt.502 and then fought in Arnhem during Operation Market-Garden with s.Pz.Kp."Hummel."

The second photo I bought off of eBay. The seller was splitting up a 2./Pz.Rgt.4 album he had bought and I believe it shows the very same Panzer III. The fenders line up almost perfectly and while the photo is a bit blurry it looks like the same crew members. The first photo would have been taken later than the second.

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks in advance!
    Rob
    Attached Files

Sure looks like the same crew to me.

Comment

Strong possibility I would say.

Comment

Would agree with others.....strong possibility. Crew looks similar even though a bit blurry, and certain features on the both pics of the III's are the same. I think you got a match

Comment

Same vehicle, same crew, IMO.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
            Would agree with others.....strong possibility. Crew looks similar even though a bit blurry, and certain features on the both pics of the III's are the same. I think you got a match

I agree

Thanks guys!

Best,
            Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X