Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Rare 1929 HJ Card with Heinrich Himmler Connection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rare 1929 HJ Card with Heinrich Himmler Connection!

Hi everyone,

Here's something that truly does deserve the term rare, as I doubt if there are a handful of this particular card that still exist 85 years after it's circa 1929 printing.

The second (or maybe the first) remarkable thing about this card, it's addressed to Heinrich Himmler, Reichsführer SS....to congratulate Himmler on the birth of Himmler's only (legitimate) child....Gudrun!
    She would later be referred to as the 'SS Princess'. 'Herr Buttmann' mailed this card to Himmler 6 days after Gudrun's birth.

Pros:

Any Hitler Youth card from the 1920's, especially with color is exceptionally hard to find.
    And then the Himmler connection! No, this card wasn't written by Himmler, but I feel that it has a VERY good chance to have been part of Himmler's belongings at one time.

Cons:

Condition; folds, bends and a 35mm tear from top center of card into HJ Flag design. In top condition, without any Himmler connection, this would probably be a $700-$900 card because of it being a locally produced rarity from circa 1929.

So it's 'über rare' as a card itself....but in rough condition...but with a VERY interesting Himmler connection!

So to all the serious postcard/Himmler collectors out there, what value should I place on it?

Thanks in advance for all thoughts on this interesting card
    John
    Last edited by johninhb; 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM.

Front....
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a translation of the message....

Lieber Herr Himmler, Dear Herr Himmler

Ihrer verehrten Frau Gemahlin u. Ihnen spreche ich, auch im Namen meiner Gattin, zur Geburt Ihrer Tochter___ herzlichste Glückwünsche aus.
        permit me, also in the name of my wife, to express the sincerest congratulations to you and your honored wife at the birth of your daughter.

Mit herzl. Heilgruß with sincere "heil" greeting

Ihr ergebener yours truly

___ Buttmann

______ 14. 8. 29

Comment

I think the Card was written by Dr. Rudolf Buttman. He was a famous and early Nazi member:

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CDoQ9QEwBA

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you Gerdan! I see on that site that Dr Buttmann was NSDAP member #4! Wow! That is about as early as you can get...Danke!

Comment

very nice card. No idea of value but your missing words are

Töchterchens and Solln

Comment

HJ Postcard

Fantastic and very interesting HJ card.
                Thank you for showing.

Comment

Thanks for filling in the missing part. That completes the puzzle

I appreciate everyone's response to this card.

Comment

what´s the date on the postmark ?

Comment

Can't tell for sure. As we know, German postmarks are day/month/year. The day is too blurred to make out, even at 300% actual size. But I can make out ?/8/29.
                      Of course Herr Buttmann did date the bottom left reverse of card as 14.8.29, so I would guess somewhere close to that date. Gudrun, sometimes known as the 'SS Princess' was born 6 days earlier: 8.8.29.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by johninhb; 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X