Two new Documents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two new Documents.

1. KRIMSCHILD to a Hauptmann, Stab/3.Panzer Division, dated 9.Okt.1942 with the ink-stamped signature of Generalfieldmarschall von Manstein
    and
    3. Sturmabzeichen to an Unteroffizier, 6./Pz.Art.Rgt.128 dated 14.Juni 1942 hand-signed in ink by Freiherr von Boineburg (a recipient of the Knight's Cross 19.July 1940) and Commander of the 23.Panzer-Division from 22.Nov. 1941 - 20.July 1942.
    Attached Files

Both very nice examples.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The last group I posted I received in trade and It had the soldiers service file with it.
      I was wondering if there is a place I could write to get German Soldiers files?

Comment

Go to the Wehrpass, Soldbuch thread and find Ian's pinned list of sites to find soldier's information.
        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorR View Post
          1. KRIMSCHILD to a Hauptmann, Stab/3.Panzer Division, dated 9.Okt.1942 with the ink-stamped signature of Generalfieldmarschall von Manstein
          Wow, that first one is really interesting! I have a Wehrpass to a panzer officer who served in 3. Panzer-Division (he was in Pz.Rgt.6) in 1941 and was also awarded the Krimschild. However, I've not been able to figure out what he was doing in the Crimea. He was wounded in November 1941 (Pz.Rgt.6) and his Wehrpass shows he was with Pz.Ers.Abt.5 during his time in the Crimea (battle calendar reads "Verwendung im H.Qu.OKH während des Ostfeldzuges 1942, 1.5.-1.9.42). I thought he was sent down there as an advisor or something, but now your Krimschild doc shows that at least one other officer from 3.Pz.Div. was there.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X