Afrika group Eisenbahn Betr. Komp. 205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afrika group Eisenbahn Betr. Komp. 205

My "house cleaner" found this in a recent cleaning job. I find the unit interesting. The EKII document is signed by General der Infanterie Rudolf Gercke who was awarded the Knights Cross to the War merit cross with swords on 25 September 1943.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PzV; 12-15-2014, 10:19 AM.

there were a few items with the group also
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Jim,

Very nice grouping. jim

Comment

Jim,

the WWI stuff from his father-in-law was also with the group (dogtag, EKII etc.).

Comment

Very interesting, love that the medals/docs are still together.

Hnak
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Jim,

Thats nice that you got the complete family grouping. Definitely an unusual unit. I'm not even sure what the railroad operating companies did, especially in North Afrika. I would have figured that civilians from the rail services ran the whole operation. jim

Originally posted by PzV View Post
            Jim,

the WWI stuff from his father-in-law was also with the group (dogtag, EKII etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
              Jim,

Thats nice that you got the complete family grouping. Definitely an unusual unit. I'm not even sure what the railroad operating companies did, especially in North Afrika. I would have figured that civilians from the rail services ran the whole operation. jim
              Indeed, it is interesting see an Afrika/Eisenbahn unit combo. I've never really thought about the Wehrmacht's supply system in North Africa as train related.

See this thread for more info...
              http://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/in...ebs-Kompanien/

Comment

Nice and interesting set. Looks like more fun investigating the group.
                Jeff

Comment

Nice set, especially since documents and medals are still together and not split up.

Comment

I found this on this Eisenbahn Komp. and they were defenitely sent to Africa with order Nr. 9378g dated 16.September 1942 under Pz.A.O.K. Afrika:

Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompanie 205

Aufgestellt:
                    Als Heerestruppe im Sommer 1939 in Langenberg/Rhld. (Strecke Wuppertal-Vohwinkel-Kupferdreh) im Wehrkreis VI als Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kolonne 5, das Stammpersonal stellte die Reichsbahndirektion Köln, das Ergänzungspersonal stellte das General Kommando VI. Im Januar Umbenennung in Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompanie 5, ab dem 29.Februar 1940 Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompanie 205.

Unterstellung:
                    Mai 1941 Eisenbahn Bau-Bataillon 514 (beim A.O.K. 4), Juni 1941 bis Sommer 1942 Grukodeis Mitte

Feldpostnummer:
                    19032 Mobilmachung bis Januar 1940 als Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kolonne 5/ Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompanie 5
                    32202 ab Februar 1940 bis Kriegsende als Eisenbahn-Betriebs-Kompanie 205

Einsatzgebiete:
                    Mai 1941 in Plochocin bei Warschau, Versorgung durch General Kommando XXXV., Juni/Juli 1941 im Gebiet Bobruisk-Ossipowitschi,
                    Winter 1941/1942 im Gebiet Tula-Kaluga
                    dann mit Befehl Nr. 9378g vom 16.September 1942 beim Pz.A.O.K. Afrika.
                    März-Mai 1945 im Gebiet Altvatergebirge-Mährisch Trübau.

Ersatztruppenteil:
                    Ab 27. Februar 1940 Eisenbahn-Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 68 in Hanau im Wehrkreis IX - am 1. April 1940 Umbenennung in Eisenbahn-Pionier-Ersatz-Bataillon 3.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X