Help identifying Wehrmacht Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying Wehrmacht Unit?

I bought this Photo from E-bay, mainly because I didn't recognise the Uniform style & because I thought it's either Croatian or an Eastern European unit & not German as the description stated!

Would appreciate it if some one could verify or correct me if I'm wrong

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Aaron R; 11-25-2014, 04:31 PM.

Also why i'm asking

I also bought this "Photo/picture" It is of Heinrich Himmler and entourage, as you can see in the Black SS uniform!

It's supposed to be a 1936 authentic German picture with German writing printed on the back! & an "Original" Not a reprint!

My thinking is it's some kind of Propaganda picture maybe taken and used in one of the Nazi Papers of the Time?

Are pictures of Heinrich Himmler or the SS black uniforms collectible in any way?

Comment

I received this today & it's just a FAKE It's just a cheap photocopy! It's even printed on what looks like shiny recycled paper. and so much for it being, I quote:

"NO REPRINT RARE

made in the third Reich, very good condition

backside printed in German BIG SIZE 8x12

no reset-collectors picture"

More like a TINY 8x12cm! And printed on a flimsy piece of paper & unless the Third Reich had ink jet printers it defiantly is not Rare or Genuine!

And the worse thing is he's got another dozen or so (different "pictures") for sale all from £8 - £20 each & all with the same description and the same size! giving the impression of a Large 8x12" Photograph original from the Third Reich!

I feel sorry for the other buyers that are bidding on his stuff at the moment, one person is bidding over £20.
      I feel pissed over £8.

Comment

Hello.

Yes, photos of Himmler and of the Allegemeine SS are very collectible.

The A-SS photo you posted has been published many times in books so browse the net or look through books to see if it is likely to be a fake.

If you are new to collecting Third Reich era photos, start with the cheap, slightly interesting photos for £1 or £2. Get a feel and sight of what is genuine.

Many tossers on ebay but there are some good guys too.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
          Hello.

Yes, photos of Himmler and of the Allegemeine SS are very collectible.

The A-SS photo you posted has been published many times in books so browse the net or look through books to see if it is likely to be a fake.

If you are new to collecting Third Reich era photos, start with the cheap, slightly interesting photos for £1 or £2. Get a feel and sight of what is genuine.

Many tossers on ebay but there are some good guys too.

Chris.
          Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Yeah they were the first photo's I've ever bought! I thought I'd start adding to my small collection of Third Reich memorabilia, but It looks like I've been stung the first time in the honey pot

It's 8x12cm and has "printed" German writing on the back. & kind of looks like one of those Third Reich collectible "cards" I've seen on line. But this one is literally just a piece of flimsy satin shiny paper! It definitely doesn't look 78 years old lol

It's in pretty great condition if it is especially as it was just slipped inside a plain, cheap old envelope without any kind of protective sleeve or anything!

looking at the photo "Above" which is the photo from the auction! & looking at what I was sent. I believe that the photograph he used to sell it (above) is a genuine Photo (whether real or not) & what I was sent is a cheap printed copy made to look like a genuine Third Reich collectible card from 1936.

I think I'll leave the Paper collectables until I have more experience!

Thanks for your help Chris

Does anyone recognise the Wehrmacht uniform style in the 1st photo? This Photo's from a different seller so may well be genuine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X