Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance With Book on Helferin

Hi all,

A few months ago I put out a request for assistance for a new book project on female military auxiliaries. The draft title is Last Ride of the Valkyries: The Rise and Fall of the Wehrmachthelferinnenkorps During WWII. For some reason I didn't put the request on this particular forum or at least I can't find the thread. I want to thank everyone who has assisted me, without their help the whole project would have been impossible.

Anyone here is the current status of the project and another request for pictures of specific items. The table of contents is shown below annotated with items I could use photos of. The list is not all inconclusive so if you have anything you would like to contribute please let me know.

Heres the current status:

1. Schiffer will be publishing the book.
    2. Text is 90% done.
    3. Several collectors/history buffs have been proofreading the draft with positive feedback.
    4. I have identified around 900 pictures, recreations of items and charts that will go into the book.

The only thing I can offer in return for your generosity is an acknowledgement in the book. I will also be asking each contributor to sign and return a Letter of Release.

Table of Contents
    Acknowledgements
    Introduction

Chapter 1 Peacetime Employment of Women in the Wehrmacht and the Transition to War

-Pictures of the Badge for Civilian Members of the Armed Forces in Wear by females (WG with eagle head)

Chapter 2 Army Women Signal Auxiliaries (Nachrichtenhelferinnen des Heeres)

-Contemporary pictures of the rain cape.

Chapter 3 Army Corps of Women Staff Auxiliaries (Stabshelferinnenschaft)

-Contemporary or wartime pictures of the Stabshelferin des Heeres Cuff title gold on black band.
    -Contemporary or wartime pictures of the Stabshelferinnen-Führerin des Heeres Cuff title.
    -Contemporary or wartime pictures pictures of the Wirtschaftshelferin des Heeres Cuff title.
    -Contemporary pictures of the single breasted jacket with two hip pockets.
    -Wartime pictures of translators wearing cuff title.
    -Wartime pictures of pay personnel.
    -Wartime pictures of foreign currency exchange personnel.

Chapter 4 Army Women Field Auxiliaries (Truppenhelferinnen)

-Contemporary pictures of the M43 cap without piping as worn by Army Truppenhelferinnen.
    -Contemporary pictures of the overseas cap without piping as worn by Truppenhelferinnen.
    -Wartime pictures of female horse breakers wearing the horse breakers patch, or piped uniforms.
    -Wartime pictures of female vehicle drivers.

Chapter 5 Army Corps of Women Welfare Auxiliaries (Betrueuungshelferinnenschaft)

-Wartime pictures of the nurse auxiliaries operating vehicle rest stops.

Chapter 6 Luftwaffe Signals Auxiliary Corps: Flugmeldedienst
    Chapter 7 Luftwaffe Signals Auxiliary Corps: Signals Auxiliaries
    Chapter 8 Flakwaffen-Helferinnen Korps
    Chapter 9 Miscellaneous Luftwaffe Helferinnen

-Any wartime or contemporary pictures of females in the Weather Service.
    -Wartime pictures of female vehicle drivers.
    -Contemporary pictures of the female chemical resistant suit.

Chapter 10 Marinehelferinnen

-Contemporary pictures of the single breasted field gray jacket with two pleated pockets at the hip.
    -Wartime pictures of the white HBT uniform worn by KM female personnel.

Chapter 11 Reichsarbeitsdienst der Weiblichen Jugend(RADwJ)
    Chapter 12 Wehrmachthelferinnen Korps

-Watime pictures of female Army auxiliaries wearing the Helferin 44 uniform.

Chapter 13 Miscellaneous Clothing Items
    Chapter 14 The Last Ride of the Valkyries
    Bibliography

I’m sure I missed something so if you have any wartime pictures or contemporary items that you think might be of interest please E Mail me at.

pzrgtgd@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time. Jim Pool

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X