Promotion Document and letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promotion Document and letter

My first post here so forgive me. I have had these items for about 4 years now, since the passing of my grandfather. He was US Army and part of the Counter Intelligence Corps. One day he said to me something about an autograph he had. I humored him and said I would like to see it. At that time he produced the promotion document, to my astonishment. All these years later I finally got around to looking into these items. The promotion document is that of Dr. Gottfried Boley, a witness at Nuremberg. The document has Hitler and Lammers signatures on it. There is also a letter, from Boley to Bouhler about a "plan" involving Dr. Pohl. Here are some pictures. Any further insight or background would be great!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Very interesting! Can't comment on "worth", but if they can be authenticated, I'm sure they'd bring a pretty penny. Not just the AH hand signature (if it's not autopen), but the Nuernberg connection.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for the comment! As a long time autograph collector, I am pretty sure the AH is autopen. The letter is what I found extremely interesting. A little research on Boley and Pohl would indicate it may be related to the Holocaust.

Comment

Hi,

The first letter is not from Boley, but from Dr. Robert Ley, the head of the DAF, to Bouhler.
        It is about a proposition (unknown), approved some times ago by Goering (der Reichsmarschall), and which is now approved by Ley. (And it was transmitted to Ley by Pohl, Amtsleiter)

Very intersting documents !

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks for the translation. Mine was close. I figured it was Boley who wrote the letter, I didn't research the signature very much though.

Comment

It is interesting, I am not sure this refers to Oswald Pohl as I dont think he was a doctor but another Pohl.
            Good luck with digging up the facts!

Comment

After some further searching I think it's possible the Dr. Pohl mentioned was actually Dr. Johannes Pohl, who was a "Jewish expert" for the Nazis. Anyone else know more about this person?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X