• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postcard with Hitler Sig Garbage?

i'm guessing this is garbage, eh?

cheers, del.
    Attached Files

An interesting card, all right! It was apparently mailed to Winifred Wagner, the great composer's daughter and a faithful supporter of Hitler and the NSDAP; addressed to her at the family estate -- Haus Wahnfried -- in Bayreuth. As to the autograph: it appears to resemble the kind of signature Hitler wrote when giving autographs at public events -- uneven and rushed, which would have been normal for such a situation. What do our colleagues here think?

Br. James

Comment

couldnt agree more, this is a lovely card as he was a great admirer of wagner, id bet on this being good, we really need max historys input here,sadly dosnt post now.

Comment

Ask Alexander Autographs.

Comment

Very Strange. Here is my card which is very similar to yours. It too is addressed in the same handwritting and ink to Winnifred Wagner and has an AH signature on the front. Note the reverse printers information of both cards is the same. The reverse of your RPT 1937 card is not printed as it should be on the original Hoffmann Card. It is the same as mine!

Seems impossible and still be legitimate.

What are your thoughts about these mystery cards?

Robert Gerard
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is an original RPT 1937 postcard and it's Hoffmann printed reverse.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Viewfinder View Post
              Very Strange. Here is my card which is very similar to yours. It too is addressed in the same handwritting and ink to Winnifred Wagner and has an AH signature on the front. Note the reverse printers information of both cards is the same. The reverse of your RPT 1937 card is not printed as it should be on the original Hoffmann Card. It is the same as mine!

Seems impossible and still be legitimate.

What are your thoughts about these mystery cards?

Robert Gerard

With regrets, I'd have to say that's a big strike on both of them.

Comment

It sure looks like both cards with the Hitler 'signature' are reproductions. They both have a 'washed out', repro look to them. Originals are far more vibrant in color.
                Being a serious postcard collector myself, I was concerned that the Reichsparteitag card should have had a Hoffmann reverse. The stamps are wrong, the cancels are wrong. Sadly, the cards are wrong.

Robert, your 1937 RPT card is a beautiful original. I always love the 'march post' special cancels that are much harder to find. A super nice example.
                Last edited by johninhb; 10-05-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks John. I agree with you on both counts.

Robert Gerard

Comment

Hitler

Yes, you are unfortunately right !

Originally posted by glock26 View Post
                    i'm guessing this is garbage, eh?

cheers, del.

Comment

Postcard with Hitler Sig Garbage?

Gentlemen:

Do any of you collect third reich era postage stamps? The four stamps attached to the two fake cards (posts #1, and #5) are from the 1933 Nothilfe sheet (Michel Catalog number B58). The stamps are fake too. If these stamps were real and legitimately used, they would be more valuable than the Hitler autograph. In fact, they are the most expensive 1933-45 German postage stamps of the era in used condition. They are more common mint, but still expensive. So, that's your first huge red flag. The second red flag is the the paper used. German color postcards of the period were printed on chalk coated paper - like the real Hoffmann Reichsparteitag card (#37/2) shown in post #6 above. It's possible that the fake cards will glow under UV light. Might be worth a test.

Comment

Both card and stamps are complete crap and not worth the match to torch them let alone bother with testing for 'glowing.'

Ramon

Comment

I agree unfortunately the card and stamps are fakes.

Rene Chavez
                          www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

The Hitler signatures are very cheap fakes.

Comment

Even though its a fake, did Hitler really sign like that "in person"? That looks absolutely nothing like his official signature on documents. I could take out a pen and paper right now and do a better job on my first attempt.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X