X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8mm Film - Normandy- Chateau de Manneville

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do a little fact finding -

I have a private 8mm collection from a young German Officer, he was stationed at

Befehlsstelle Keimer - he took some nice footage of a Chateau and I found out its name etc and where it is in Normandie.

The Chateau I have a possitive ID - Chateau de Manneville

I am trying to ID his unit - Some of the number plates of the cars are -

WH 455242

II2 67105

II2 6642

There is a tactical sign on the cars, along with a crest which looks to be the Franken Crest.

Any help would be great or any information!

Thanks

is the film black and white or color ?

combat technical material or more normal life material ?

Sounds really interesting Chris !
    Have you any screen shots that we can see...

Schone Grusse aus Bayern (Freising)

Ian

www.pixpast.com

Comment

Hi,

from early 1944 up to June 6, the village of Lantheuil had the HQ of the 2nd Battalion of Grenadier-Regiment 915 (II./915) from the 352. Infanterie-Division.

http://www.dday-overlord.com/lantheu..._normandie.htm

II./915 included the 5, 6, 7 and 8 Kompanien of Genadier-Regiment 915.

Howerer, it seemed that the Gliederung/map of the 7. AOK listed the HQ of II./915 to be in Saint-Grabriel-Brécy (3.5 km on the north-west of Lanthieul).

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1406

Units from II./915 were also located in the same area at Tierceville (3 km to the north-west of Lanthieul).

http://www.dday-overlord.com/tiercev..._normandie.htm

See You

Vince

Comment

Thanks guys!

Great information! I need to look into it more now!

Although, most of the inof you have here seems to relate around the end of the war or 1944. I think this footage is very early.

I will take some 'screen shots' of the footage!

As for the footage its all related to this Wehrmacht Unit, some footage is them loading military cars on a train with a whole Kompanie watching in that reel! Also of them giving sweets to young french children in a town.

As for the films - I have 9/10 rolls from one man! These recently were found during a house clearance close to Würzburg.

Some of the films, are of his private life whilst in the Wehrmacht, eg always along with other Officers eating and drinking, also with a high SD officer with the blut orden.

Strangly he takes a walk through or on the outskirts of a Jewish ghetto in Poland in a town called Zamość, you can clearly see the armbands etc..

Although one (in relation to this topic) seems to be in and around this large house in or around Saint-Grabriel-Brécy. With various views from the car window as they drive around too!

I am not a 8mm film expert by any means, and I intend to sell these on Estand or Ebay. but its hard to put a value on them I am told - they are all in good condition and still inside the cans.

Any more information would be great!

Comment

Hi,

what is the total duration of each film you have, especially the duration of the Zamosc ghetto footage ? I presume they are in B&W ?

The Zamosc ghetto existed from May 1941 up to May 1943.

http://www.deathcamps.org/occupation...%20ghetto.html

The identifications of more towns/areas may be crucial in finding the unit.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hello Vince,

Some of the films fill a large reel around 6 of them are all big reels, with about a good 10 mins or more footage.

The Ghetto one is around 2mins of Jewish footage and 1min forced labour in the town square... and some of the towns around and the villagers.

I will look for more towns today and keep you posted!

Regards

Comment

sounds incredible Chris !

Ian :-)

Comment

Thanks!

Yes it's amazing to watch them... I normally collect photos but this is a different ball game!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X