Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with unit commander - PLEASE.

Gentlemen,
    I'm trying to decipher the signature of a Generalmajor on an EK2 document. The unit looks like it is: 3./Pi.Btn. 61. & it is dated June 6, 1943. The document is in
    very bad shape which does not help but any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
    Regards,
    Dick Pumphrey

Dick

I think you're going to need to post a picture of the doc, there was no Pionier Btl.61
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Posting these pics for Dick

The unit is 3./ Pionier Btl. 81 of the 45 Infanterie Division and the signature is of it's then commander Generalmajor (later Generalleutnant) Hans Freiherr von Falkenstein

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nen/45ID-R.htm

http://en.ww2awards.com/person/4199
      Attached Files
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        the signature is of it's then commander Generalmajor (later Generalleutnant) Hans Freiherr von Falkenstein
        Falkenstein's signature is pretty distinctive. Side note: he was a brigade commander in 14. Panzer-Division during the 1942 offensive and Stalingrad battle. He also led the division for a fortnight after division commander Heim was transferred at the end of October 1942.

Jason

Comment

Here's a clearer example of his signature on a KvK citation.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Many thanks for the help on this. Simon, I cannot thank you enough for your
            kind help & for the lesson on how to add photos. The other help is much
            appreciated also! I never would have been able to read that signature.
            Best Regards,
            Dick Pumphrey

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X