Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Berlin Bunker 1945 Related Grouping

Hi Guys,

I would like to share with you a large grouping that I have in my collection, I found it myself at a estate sale here in Germany.

His wallet with his Wehrpass and his Drivers Licence, he was a member of TransportKorps Speer and was KIA in the Berlin Zoo Bunker because of some sort of splinter passing through his both legs, most likely from a grenade.

The Wallet and personal items was returned from his body in 1946 to his family.

Let me know your thoughts and anything I have missed, as the Wehrpass writing is too tough for me to make out!

I have never seen such a Cert for the Ost Medal!

All his letters are in the grouping too, and many other types of Wehrmacht paperwork.

Any ideas where he fought before he was injured?

Regards

Nice Berlin 1945 grouping
    Interresting that his unit page in the Wehrpass wasn't fully updated.
    I wonder why he had his own Wehrpass and what happend to his Soldbuch and Wehrmacht-Führerschein ?

That Ostmedal cert. was made by a doctor as prove that he qualified for the Ostmedal (because he got wounded).
    After this he should have gotten a "real" cert. for the ostmedal.
    According to this document he was in 9./Grenadier-Regiment 19 (part of 7.Infanterie-Division) when he got wounded.
    This unit is also in his Wehrpass on the unit page and stamped his woundbadge/ostmedal on page 38.
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X