Harmel,

Thanks for the ID on the Generals. Bill

Originally posted by harmel View Post
      Hi Bill,from left Kurt von Briesen-Hans von Salmuth-GFM W
      Ritter von Leeb.
      Harmel

Comment

Great pictures

Bill this thread was before i was here,so glad im seeing it now,thanks.To bad some of the older pictures are gone now too,dont have them still do you?.
        The ones with FJ trousers could be ex members,as remember reading in a LWFD book im shure they had some FJ in them.Like maybe as trainers,or give them some experinced men,a bit of a demotion though for them it seems.And is picture 30 in russia too,like that one with all the uniforms and weapons.

And while im here saw this on wikipedia yesterday,says its FJ,and they do look like it too.But not read of them being in caen area fighting the brits,and look closer there jackets,and see the buttons.The FJ camo smock from seeing them dose not have that,and they must be from the 16th LWFD tha fought around there and destroyed at caen they say.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsch...e_im_Jahr_1944
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-15-2007, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I'm sure I still have the photos but do not remember which ones were posted since they disappeared off the thread...not likely I will be able to repost the very same ones.
          Always a possibility but not likely he was FJ since they were ever searching for volunteers for the parachute regiments and he doesn't look like he is an instructor. I have posted LWFD photos before with officers and enlisted ranks wearing FJ trousers. I have a series of six photo albums on LWFD and many of the rank & file are wearing FJ trousers. My theory is that they were issued them via Luftwaffe stocks. The ranks of volunteers to fill the LWFD didn't come from FJ units as FJ units had priority on recruitment. You have to read a little bit more as the LWFD were turned over to Army control in November of 1943...for training and replacements.

Bill

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
          Bill this thread was before i was here,so glad im seeing it now,thanks.To bad some of the older pictures are gone now too,dont have them still do you?.
          The ones with FJ trousers could be ex members,as remember reading in a LWFD book im shure they had some FJ in them.Like maybe as trainers,or give them some experinced men,a bit of a demotion though for them it seems.And is picture 30 in russia too,like that one with all the uniforms and weapons.

And while im here saw this on wikipedia yesterday,says its FJ,and they do look like it too.But not read of them being in caen area fighting the brits,and look closer there jackets,and see the buttons.The FJ camo smock from seeing them dose not have that,and they must be from the 16th LWFD tha fought around there and destroyed at caen they say.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsch...e_im_Jahr_1944
          Last edited by W Petz; 12-19-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Here is a new pic of visiting officers being given a briefing by members of a LWFD StuG unit.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new arrival of some LWFD in combat
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 08-26-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Next is a funeral for a LW Pilot #1 Portrait as a Uffz.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X