Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Goring book with dedication

Hi,

I have this HG book. Need experts opinion - any idea with dedication? Thanks a lot for help.

Best, Rob

The text I read " Für Hildegard Glomb - Schulprämie - Ostern 1939 - sign. Adamegk(?) - Hptl.

(Hauptlehrer)" head teacher.

Schulprämie is a premium/dedication for excellent school achievement -given Easter 1939

Gerdan

Comment

That Goring book has nice photos but is a pretty common item. Too bad it's not a Goring signature.

Comment

"Hermann Göring: Werk und Mensch" by Dr. Erich Gritzbach, was one of the most popular books published during the Third Reich, second only in sales to "Mein Kampf" itself. Gritzbach was Göring's political biographer and 1938 saw the advent of two books by this author, the other being, "Hermann Göring: Reden und Aufsätze." "Hermann Göring: The Man and His Work"was also published in English in 1939.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for this information - didn't know their was an English language edition.

Comment

I like this very much. I have a signed copy (not by HG) in German. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              The text I read " Für Hildegard Glomb - Schulprämie - Ostern 1939 - sign. Adamegk(?) - Hptl.
              (Hauptlehrer)" head teacher.
              Schulprämie is a premium/dedication for excellent school achievement -given Easter 1939
              Gerdan
              Thanks a lot Gerdan for Your translate.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                That Goring book has nice photos but is a pretty common item. Too bad it's not a Goring signature.
                Thats right, too bad my friend!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  "Hermann Göring: Werk und Mensch" by Dr. Erich Gritzbach, was one of the most popular books published during the Third Reich, second only in sales to "Mein Kampf" itself. Gritzbach was Göring's political biographer and 1938 saw the advent of two books by this author, the other being, "Hermann Göring: Reden und Aufsätze." "Hermann Göring: The Man and His Work"was also published in English in 1939.

Br. James
                  I thought that its a low popular book. The info about English publication is the most interesting.

Just from curiosity whats the value of this book?

Here I prepared pic of books spine.

Thanks a lot for all posts, Rob

Comment

Check with the online booksellers, Rob; you'll get an idea of what copies of this book are being sold for.

Br. James

Comment

At local shows I bought 2 copies, one with a DJ for about $50, one without one for about $35. If I was buying a copy for a book collection, I'd get one in nice condition with a DJ. Of course if it was signed by Goring condition wouldn't matter so much.

Comment

As a rule of thumb, dust jackets are always preferable, and almost all hard-bound books were originally produced and sold with dust jackets. Comparably few dust jackets survived, given their frailty, and many of those that did, come down to us in tatters today.

Anyone wishing to begin a 'cottage industry' should consider photocopying full color and full-sized copies of dust jackets for the major TR books. These should be properly marked on the reverse, of course, indicating that this is a post-war facsimile of the original dust jacket, but those of us who have been collecting TR books for decades would love to be able to add a facsimile of the original jacket to each of our prized volumes. Just sayin...!

Br. James

Comment

The book is so common and inexpensive that I wouldn't buy one without a dust jacket - just saying.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X