Witt Signed photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian,

Welcome to the get out club. I cashed out a few years ago. Everything gone in one night and paid for in cash. Now it's just historical research for me....writing.

I believe your Witt signed image is perfectly good. I'm not sure why others knocked it. It clearly matches others known examples.

You've every right to get knackered with the naysayers around here. I see it all the time but there are just as many good folks as well.

Comment

brian,

i think it is fair to say that all of the sellers you mention have mistakenly sold duds originating from Korlin - the retailer of fake Marseille combat reports (I am not referring to your Witt here, btw). The autograph hobby is full of that fake factory stuff, and only in the past few years have many of us woken up to what Korlin did. I think quite a few people like you are getting out, which I can fully understand , though you may have trouble selling your fake factory material. You got skinned by your mate Korlin but he will get his just desserts eventually and you will realise what he did to you financially, unfortunately.

Anyway, concerning the Witt, the COA you post means nothing nor does Patton have expertise in autographs - just a dealer. Why not send it here for an appraisal and then you can feel pretty confident in your Witt or otherwise:

http://www.germanautographs.de/

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
        brian,

i think it is fair to say that all of the sellers you mention have mistakenly sold duds originating from Korlin - the retailer of fake Marseille combat reports (I am not referring to your Witt here, btw). The autograph hobby is full of that fake factory stuff, and only in the past few years have many of us woken up to what Korlin did. I think quite a few people like you are getting out, which I can fully understand , though you may have trouble selling your fake factory material. You got skinned by your mate Korlin but he will get his just desserts eventually and you will realise what he did to you financially, unfortunately.

Anyway, concerning the Witt, the COA you post means nothing nor does Patton have expertise in autographs - just a dealer. Why not send it here for an appraisal and then you can feel pretty confident in your Witt or otherwise:

Jeremy
        signed documents and photos should be the easiest area to NOT get burned. #1 reason collectors get stung: zero reference books.

Don't know how many times a document has been posted asking who signed it AFTER it was bought ??!! With the owner not who should have, about him (rank/position to match document, etc), or even asking.

Hundreds are shown in my German Cross in Gold series re SS, showing no doubt original documents from the Berlin Document Center. Many I see are wrong man, or rank he never attained (or at wrong date), units that didn't exist, etc. All burns that could be avoided spending a couple hundred on books.

And per Jermey: a COA is toilet paper, the bigger "name" the dealer the coarser the toilet paper.

Mark C. Yerger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X