Photo Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Album

I acquired a photo album of a Cavalry Officer; the dates appear to be from 1939-1941. Unfortunately his name appears nowhere in the book. There are photos of him in Germany, Poland and Paris. Lots of officers and some Generals.

It looks like he might have survived the war as there are ball point pen markings in the album, adding additional information and making corrections after the fact.

I know this is a long shot, but any hope of identifying him? Any information that can be gleaned from his portrait picture would be helpful.. Thanks!!

Can anyone help me out with his rank and awards ?

Comment

He's an unteroffizier, he's wearing the German horsemans badge, a 4 year long service ribbon and probably a westwall medal.

There was only one general named Friedrich (there was another named Friedrichs but he retired 15 sept.39 and as far as I can tell didn't serve in Poland)

generalleutnant Rudolf Friedrich was an oberst and commanded Artillerie Regiment 4 of the 4 Inf.Div. in 1939, he went on to command the 62 Inf.Div. from sept.41 until oct.42

the photo with the black pen writing indicates an officer with the rank of hauptmann, this is not a cavalry rank, the equivalent of which would be rittmeister.

we're going to need more photos I think
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X