X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best autograph from my collection "claus von stauffenberg"

HELLO

here is my last shipment
    a document signed by Stauffenberg,with a letter intended for the general Buhle and initial by Stauffenberg

beyond the authenticity of the signature that is for me no doubt(I thank CRFRASER for is help and knowledge)

I have two question for the document

1/Who can tell me what person is located on the photo around Hitler ?

2/Who could give me an estimate for thi document,replacing Dietlev niemann to have a certificate of authenticity for my insurance?

thank you for you help

Comment

Comment

Comment

here the photo of generale Buhle in hospital injured on july 20th 1944

Comment

Keitel and Jodl are included in the photo. Mark.

Comment

I'd say from left to right:
              Karl-Jesko von Puttkamer, Keitel, Willy Deyhle Oberst d.Pioniere, AH, Jodl and Gerhard Engel.

Lado

Comment

Hello

THANK YOU Very much Lado for the information

But,who CAN say himself who replaces dietlev niemann for the estimation and authenticite

Max history CAN help me ?

Thank you

Comment

A very nice piece with good historical content. Stauffenberg is very rare but even more so with good content. Most examples I have seen are just signatures afixed to no content paper.

Interesting that this deals with a report to Buhle, who was one of the victims of his bomb a year later. Buhle also discovered the Canaris diaries at Zossen in early 45, a find that led directly to the execution of the Abwehr resistance group at Flossenburg on April 9.

For authentication, I would suggest you contact the expert I PM'd you about. He is not a signatures expert but there is no one better on Stauffenberg.

For an insurance valuation, perhaps a major German auction house or German dealer. Perhaps other European members can assist with specfic suggestions. One problem is that there are so few of these sold, its hard to establish fair value. Given the stature of Stauffenberg in Germany, I think the value within Germany would be higher than the value in the US. The few signatures on offer by dealers are listed for crazy money, not reflective of the actual market.

Good luck

Colin

Comment

HELLO thank you very much hake Colin for your help as you asked to me for it, I do not possess the other signature of character implies in Hitler's attack, but would be interhook by a document signee of FROMM

There is at Huesken, but I find that it is expensive
                    http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/autog...omm-50014.html

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/autog...omm-43749.html

You know can etre or one can find there?

THANK YOU

Comment

The last authentic Stauffenberg autograph was sold several years ago in an auction house in Berlin.
                      Stargardt Autographenhandel.
                      It was a signed card and priced at 1200 Euro, it ended at 22.000 Euro.
                      Here is the newspaper report about it:
                      http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleto...-11013979.html
                      Stauffenberg signature is on of the most wanted signatures for 3.Reich autograph collectors.
                      If you want a proof of the typewriting on this letter I recommend Bernhard Haas
                      http://schriftexperte.de/wordpress/en/
                      He is the expert in typewriting machines world wide.

Comment

ups.

Comment

The Stargardt Stauffenberg cannot be taken as indicative of fair value as I think it it has some special attributes, not the least of which is autheticity. This is the left handed example that appeared in Hamilton's book. It is a left handed signature written from hospital soon after Stauffenberg's wounding and is probably one of the first examples of his wrong handed siganture. Forgers use this as the model, not realising that his siganture improved in 1944. It carries Nina von Stauffenberg's handwriting as well. I believe it was to Geyr von Schweppenberg if memory serves. Depite all this, the sales price was surprising.

Schmolt sold 2 last auction and they went for a lot less. I would not have bid on either one.

While the typewriter analysis may get you part way, it won't help verify the signature.

If you want a Fromm, you can do a LOT better than Huesken for price. I think Fromm is about a 300 Euro signature right now.

Colin
                          Last edited by crfraser; 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

"While the typewriter analysis may get you part way, it won't help verify the signature."
                            Yes you are right, but if the typewriter would not match the time where it was written you can also point out that the signature is autenthic.
                            The same the other way. If it matches, the signature has a very good chance to be autenthic. It's just an additionel proof if the collector needs or want it.

The Schmolt signatures would have brought more money... but there were to many doubts about it.
                            Also discussed here...

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              The Schmolt signatures would have brought more money... but there were to many doubts about it.
                              Also discussed here...
                              Where? or do you mean "here" generally?

Also what is meant by "ups" frank and frank?

Colin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X