Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two german SS officers POW

I bought this photo recently.
    Could anyone help me to identify the place and the Id of this SS officer ?

Thanks

Battler,

I'm glad you took my advice on trying to obtain these kinds of photos on ebay even though you outbid me on this photo!!! Unfortunately the chances of Identifying this SS Officer is pretty slim unless there is some writing on the reverse which I assume there isn't. The type building indicates to me that it is on a German Kaserne somewhere in Germany. Bill

Comment

I disagree Bill. i'm sure one of the SS experts will recognise him.
      It's a bit difficult to make out if there are pips there or not but it seems he may be an Obergruppenführer. At the very least a Brigadeführer. Doesn't seem to have an RK, although it may already have been removed. I'm sure all the senior SS officers captured by the Americans are well known, perhaps one of the Höhere SS und Polizei führer?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon,

It's doesn't matter whether we disagree since neither one of us can recognize the SS Officer in question. We shall wait and see if one of those SS experts can identify him...although I'm not sure if the second officer is SS. I hope someone does identify him for Battler. I have one of a captured SS Officer on the way to me as well but photos like these are much harder to identify than most. Bill

Comment

Yes I hope that someone can help us to identify this SS officer.
          Thanks W-Petz and Simons for your comments

Comment

Hi Battler, sorry I can't help, there were a lot of Brigaderfuhrer's ( I can't see the pips either) at the end of the war. You might need Mark Yerger for this one, I believe he is a member of this forum. Sonny

Comment

Ok, I will send an email to Mark Yerger.

Comment

On Axis history forum, a man told me that this officer is Karl Hermann Frank...
                Are you ok with him ?

Comment

Battler,

Now you need to find another picture of this Karl Hermann Frank and see if it matches your photo. Bill

Comment

<>Karl-Hermann FRANK
                    He was handed to the Czechs by the Americans being delivered in a jeep..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X