Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documento Ostmedaille

Angel este es el documento:

Ostmedaille Verleihungsurkunde für einen Gefr. des 4./Pz.Gren.Rgt.114, ausgestellt am 15.7.1942, mehrmals geknic
    Attached Files

Max, thanks for you confidence. Regarding where to buy documents I suggest Weitze, Niemann, WW 2 Militaria (this is a very bad boy, never bought anything from him, joke, is a friend and I have take from him a lot of stuff without problems only I don't want another collector fighting for "my" groups) and also the e-stand that usually has some interesting groups available. Best way to avoid fakes is knowing about regulations and orders of battles and commanders, also unit histories and feldpost numbers. Usually you find that the forger try to increase price adding a rare award to a common group, if you know that a unit was never in Cholm and find that the man was awarded the Cholmschild and the stamp is for a KM unit you can say without doubts that is a fake. Also don't doubt asking everything, only stupid question is the one that yuo don't ask. Regarding the Ostmedaille only thing rare is the appointment of the officer who signed the document, but not knowing the current unit or appointment of the soldier in this moment I can't make a definitively judment, Ostmedaille are usually signed at batallion/regiment level. If you need something more let me know.

Cheers

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré
      Usually you find that the forger try to increase price adding a rare award to a common group, if you know that a unit was never in Cholm and find that the man was awarded the Cholmschild and the stamp is for a KM unit you can say without doubts that is a fake.
      I agree with Angel, but one small point: I've never gathered which units exactly were in Cholm (aside from major ones), so obscure units are hard to <i>prove</i>. And at least one KM unit was there (according to Carell), so you can't simply deny a KM stamp, I think.

Comment

Cholm Cholm Cholm , etc ...

Hello,

Damn it looks like we are getting more and more Cholmlovers all of a sudden , now regarding to units, etc .. that where there that is almost impossible to tell ( and i think Akira wil agree on that part )

The major units and some of the smaller are known but there where also straggelers, shot down motorized aircrews , landed Glider pilots , police battalions, etc .. +> and mayby even a KM unit ? ( who knows )

Even if you have a award document grouping from a man whos unit was inside the Cholmpocket it is impossible to say that he was there unless you have the accopanying award document for the Cholm shield !!!!! ( and these are also to be looked at very carefully !!!!!! ) so lets presume a collector has a grouping with Cholmshield award document present => some things that can help you narrow down is that IMHO opinion almost al of the persons who where inside where wounded ( resulting in the awarding of a Wound badge ) or received somehow a bravery award in the direct course of the battle ( so the dates can be interesting !!!! ) , most ( iff not all ! ) of the guys inside gathered also some assault days !!!!!!

THis is just some info for Cholmlovers and hope to talk to you more about it

Friendly greetings,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X