KM Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Docs

I have had these for some time and really know zip about docs. These appear to be to the same man but first name appears different. Is Tromso in Norway? Do these appear real? Can't find the minesweeper example in the book I have.
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Whats a set like this worth?
    Attached Files

second doc
    Attached Files

Comment

These are absolutely correct for Tromsø. Don't worry too much about the style on these minesweeper docs as they came in all sorts. This style is however one which i do know was used here in Tromsø, which is as you guessed in North Norway.

The reason these were signed here was that Tromsø was the headquarters of the Admiral of the Norwegian Polar Coast, he was responsible for all the small KM coastal flotillas in the Northern part of Norway, and at this time the small part of Finnish\Russian coast held by the Germans on the Murmansk front.

I'll hit my archives when i get home and see if i can't pin down a likely action for which your man got his EKII.

A nice pair.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Very nice

Nice pair of documents!

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

After going through the KTB of the Admiral of the Norwegian Polar Coast for the begining of 1944 i can say with a reasonable amount of confidence that your man would have got his EKII due actions during an air attack by the Russians, which? i can't tell for sure as there was almost constant air activity in the coastal area closest to the finnish\Soviet border.

Here are some of mine from the same headquarters.

Simon
          Last edited by Simon O.; 08-21-2004, 03:41 AM.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for the great info Simon. Nice docs you posted. I especially like those that have the pic of the award on them.

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X