ss pz berret photo opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
    Interesting about the photo paper testing Longerhin! I would love to see the example tested/etc. Thats pretty neat that you got to do that.

The only thing I disagree on is how you guys are stuck on the whole studio stamp deal. Yes, on most higher quality portrait photos we normally do see them, but again, certainly not always. At the very least, it is not something that would determine if a portrait is fake or not.

I do agree that most likely this is an Early photo, due to the Early panzerman image...but we honestly dont know for sure when it was actually printed.

This is a tough one for sure, but I still think it has a chance. The detail/etc is what we would normally see if a portrait were printed from the negative, not a reprint IMO. But a better scan would definitely help to see the minor details.

I would personally purchase it if there were a full refund policy, just in case the in-hand inspection turned out negatively.

It is an interesting but fairly expensive process... There are bunch of good labs over in the States that are doing a great job identifying fake pictures, photographs, books, letters etc... you can actually Google them and read more about some of the testing done...

As for the developer stamps... As I said:

"Also, portraits (especially high quality ones and in larger size) as this one - often have a studio mark, which is something that is very hard to replicate and it is often missing on new-age fakes..."

It does not mean that every portrait has one, but majority of studios used them on higher quality portraits - they were embossed, preprinted and most commonly stamped... It is not a rule of thumb, but it is a pretty good indicator of it being period.

As for the photographic paper - similar late WWII paper stock was used until the mid 50s and early 60s for high end portraits (especially at smaller studios). Also, you can still buy it through specialized dealers and collectors...

Anyway, if collectors here like the photo, that is great. It is not one that I would want in my collection.

Comment

original or not..is it my eyes or is the photo badly cut?
      what about the EK Ribbon..is it ok?
      cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
        is it my eyes or is the photo badly cut?
        It is cutted normally. But I have a question: it is some feature that can determine if the photo original or not? 0.o

Comment

Slight silver mirroring on the photographic paper is evidence that this photo is relatively old. The faker cannot reproduce it easily.

Haruki

Comment

Originally posted by Torpedomaat View Post
            Slight silver mirroring on the photographic paper is evidence that this photo is relatively old. The faker cannot reproduce it easily.

Haruki

Agreed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X