• Show
Clear All

Oct11 - DAK POW portrait USA
    Attached Files

Comment

Oct11 - POW portrait - UK
      Attached Files

Comment

Just to let all you guys who follow this thread that I will be packing up my computer on 26 Oct 2011 and will not see it again until December 2011 or January 2012.

I'm moving back to Corpus Christi, Texas as my 5 year tour in Rotterdam, Holland is coming to a close. Until then I will continue to post when I can until 25 Oct 2011. I hope you all will continue to view and post on this thread.

I will be able to view the thread from my office until 10 November and pick back up posting after I get settled back into my home.

Bill

Comment

Have been enjoying this thread and thanks for that.
          How lovely to have been in Rotterdam these last five years
          but home is home.

Look forward to more of the same.

Comment

Hi Bill: I always enjoy looking through this thread especially trying to see if any denazified awards are in wear.

Hope you enjoyed your time in Rotterdam

safe travels!~

dave

Comment

Dave & Annelie......Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I enjoyed Holland and made some new friends. It was it sad to leave....but God & Texas were calling me....as I almost did not make it...for real.

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 1
              Attached Files

Comment

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 2
                Attached Files

Comment

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 3
                  Attached Files

Comment

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 4
                    Attached Files

Comment

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 5
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Guys ,which Camp is it ? Can you help me ?
                        The Picture was in this portfolio...By Intressting make I,m better Scanns!! Sorry my Bad english

Comment

Supply Depot 0-654, which is painted on one of the vehicle bumpers, seems to have been in Belgium.
                          It's referenced among the photos of an American soldier:
                          http://library.nsula.edu/assets/CGHR...eroyalbert.htm

It also could also be 'repatriated' equipment which was brought back to the U.S. at the end of the war.

NARA seems to have some information as well:
                          http://arcweb.archives.gov/arc/actio...5&jScript=true

Comment

Judging by some of the structures it was a POW Camp in the USA but hard to tell where as most POW Camps were on active or former Military training Camps spread throughout the USA.

Bill

Feb12 - POW Portrait - 6

[QUOTE=lemmy18;5108286]Hello Guys ,which Camp is it ? Can you help me ?
                            The Picture was in this portfolio...By Intressting make I,m better Scanns!! Sorry my Bad english
                            Attached Files

Comment

The chapel, in particular, is standard WW2-era U.S. military base design (many of which survive today), which probably wouldn't have been installed at a temporary depot in Europe unless the Americans had identified it as a place they wanted to stay (unlikely for a POW camp).

Most likely the vehicle was brought back from Europe and made available for use in the POW camp stockade. (I think the word on the right side of the bumper might be 'stockade')

Comment

Feb12 - POW pic - 1
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X