What a terrible shame......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a terrible shame......

A was given this a while back by someone who was going to throw it away.
    What a shame that nothing ( that I know of ) can be done to restore it ( the photo itself, not the image;which of course can be digitally restored, etc.)
    Attached Files

Hello Eric,

Thanks for sharing the photo. Imo, even with the damage it is still a very nice shot. Do you know what caused the damage? I have two studio postcards with similar damage to them. I could be wrong, but I think mine were caused by either dampness or water.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen
      A was given this a while back by someone who was going to throw it away.
      What a shame that nothing ( that I know of ) can be done to restore it ( the photo itself, not the image;which of course can be digitally restored, etc.)

Well, the original never can, but if you restore it and print it again it would be as good as new. I have done this on some photos so I can save the original in a good place and show/take the other photo whereever I want to.
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

That is a pretty photo. No need to throw it away.
        There is a way to prevent more damage.
        In the graphics- and arts business there are Fixative Sprays, it is like a second cover (invisible of course) to spray over the photo. They are available in matt, semi-matt and gloss.
        I have done that with a similar damaged photo and though it doesn't repair the photo, it will stop the damage.
        This kind of damage comes from dampness and water as Edward has already said.
        After You have sprayed the fixative layer, You should store it in a clear envelope like those used for postcards. That should do.

Kind regards
        Robert

Comment

??? Impossible isn't french !

What do i hear ??? Impossible ????

"Impossible n'est pas français" really famous quotes usually used in France and said first by Napoleon to his troops in the 19th!
          It means : its really possible.... to save photos ....with a painter skill.

In the early 20th, everywhere in Europ and in the US, it was really common to enhance or save familiy pictures like yours.
          Pro photographers used to work with paintbrushes and airbrushes.
          (You know, the same airbrushes frequently used for cars and trucks customing in the 80's).
          So, i'm graphist and illustrator for 15 years now, and I succeedeed to save my own original pictures with this old traditionnal way of working.

So, if you wanna take my advice :
          Let's try to see an old Pro photo studio and propose them a deal. I'm sure they know the problem )

cya !
          Niko

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X