Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award doc EK2

Hello,

Anyone any feeling with this document? It is offered to me and I am not sure.

Regards Willem Schurgers
    Attached Files

Hello Schurgers,

Thanks for sharing the doc. It looks okay to me...in nice condition also.

Could you please tell me if the EK medal is actually the recepients orignial award? The reason I ask is that over the years it has become popular for sellers to add in actual awards with docs. Some groups are sold with varying degrees of provenance, others with none. There is also nothing wrong with making an inquiry to the seller in regards to any provenance.

Imo, without provenance such groups are fine if all items are original, and collected with the understanding that such groups are representative of what the recepient would have received only.

Regards

Comment

Edward,

Thanks for your answer. It's very helpfull. I will ask the seller about the medal belonging to the paperwork. Problem is you actually can't check the claimed relationship. I will come back on this one.

Regards

Willem

Originally posted by Edward
      Hello Schurgers,

Thanks for sharing the doc. It looks okay to me...in nice condition also.

Could you please tell me if the EK medal is actually the recepients orignial award? The reason I ask is that over the years it has become popular for sellers to add in actual awards with docs. Some groups are sold with varying degrees of provenance, others with none. There is also nothing wrong with making an inquiry to the seller in regards to any provenance.

Imo, without provenance such groups are fine if all items are original, and collected with the understanding that such groups are representative of what the recepient would have received only.

Regards

Comment

Edward,

The seller claims the medal and the document belong together. He wrote me he got them from a friend who's father got them while serving the unit in Greece. I think it's likely he is right because the unit was stationed in Greece somewhere in '42 / '43.

Unfortunately I was to late to buy.

Willem
        Originally posted by Schurgers
        Edward,

Thanks for your answer. It's very helpfull. I will ask the seller about the medal belonging to the paperwork. Problem is you actually can't check the claimed relationship. I will come back on this one.

Regards

Willem

Comment

Hello Willem,

Thank you for the reply. Good to hear that the medal belonged to the recepient, but sorry to hear that you were not in time to buy it. Do you collect documents with medals? Are you looking for something like that group?

Regards

Comment

Well Edward not specific. The set just past by on a Dutch auction. I am interested in doc's related to 217 ID and the 349 ID their regiments. It it not necessary that the medals come with the paperwork.

Willem

Originally posted by Edward
            Hello Willem,

Thank you for the reply. Good to hear that the medal belonged to the recepient, but sorry to hear that you were not in time to buy it. Do you collect documents with medals? Are you looking for something like that group?

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X