X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 and side cap
    Shortened M36 on left

Comment

Great additions Gang! I love finding new photos I have not seen when opening this thread, it's the gift that keeps giving!

Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You for the additions and for keeping this thread alive!!! as always it makes me get up and look my M44's over!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
        enlarged hosen on right?

Comment

True that Veloce! I didn't notice at first. Thanks !

Here are pictures from a bigger group taken in 1945 in what I think was a POW camp:
          - Some uniforms miss their breast eagle
          - On some others the breast eagle is there but the swastika is missing. I'm not exactly sure if the were cut (would be strange to let the eagles) or removed from the picture before being printed (seen on some war-period pictures edited post-war). I would go for the second solution I think.

Still interesting to see a M44 jacket with pleats and scalloped flaps (probably a private purchased as it's worn by an officer).

Comment

Reservelazarett Wernigerode 1945.
            Attached Files

Comment

I spotted this image of a Heer officer recently after a bit of a dry spell. He appears to be wearing an issue (M-44) tunic which had been upgraded by the addition of officer's insignia. Note the prewar cap eagle on his visor cap:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                I spotted this image of a Heer officer recently after a bit of a dry spell. He appears to be wearing an issue (M-44) tunic which had been upgraded by the addition of officer's insignia. Note the prewar cap eagle on his visor cap:
                Excellent! The whole configuration.
                Looks like Italian gabardine, am I correct?

Comment

Excellent picture , very good reference. The visor edge look like late war as well. J

Comment

North Germany Military Train Station supply 1944, Half Track and Trucks on Train, M44 jacket tunic.

http://pixpast.com/stock-photo/north...unic-9906.html

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                      North Germany Military Train Station supply 1944, Half Track and Trucks on Train, M44 jacket tunic.

http://pixpast.com/stock-photo/north...unic-9906.html

Ian
                      Sometimes one sees photos of German soldiers who have tucked the skirt of their four pocket tunic into their trousers giving the impression of an M-44. That may be the case here, as the collar looks more standard than the oversized M-44 collar and the short jacket waist does not appear to be worn over the belted trousers as M-44s generally did.
                      Last edited by OSS; 06-23-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

SS M44 Tunics?

Seen all the great pictures of the M44 tunics but all but a couple were Heer. Anyone have any pictures of the SS wearing the M44? Danke

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by moselder71 View Post
                            Seen all the great pictures of the M44 tunics but all but a couple were Heer. Anyone have any pictures of the SS wearing the M44? Danke
                            They are all here in this thread.

Last edited by veloce; 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Which uniform can be this?

Comment

Originally posted by veloce View Post
                                Which uniform can be this?

m44 on left and panzer on right

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X