• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently found this studio portrait of an Obergefreiter wearing an M-44:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
      I guess it's also that not so many people were taking pictures on the frontline in 1945 (most of my pictures showing M44 jackets are from 1945). Some were taken in studio or at home during permissions but on the frontline itself, not sure it was the priority then.
      That's an important point. Look at photographs for sale on ebay.de and see how many are from 45. Very few indeed.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Here is one...

And though the tunic in the second foto is not an M44....it is certainly a interesting way the wear the tunic...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
          Here is one...

And though the tunic in the second foto is not an M44....it is certainly a interesting way the wear the tunic...
          That is a neat way to wear it.I wonder if this was somewhat common practice for the M-44.Keep these photographs coming,they're treasures

Comment

Originally posted by erichcraciun View Post
            Here is one...

Nice photo! He also tucked his trousers in his socks.
            I would say that he did that because he is a crew-man for an armoured vehicle.
            So he wouldn't get stuck in it.
            Note his Panzer-Sturmabzeichen in bronze and headphones in left hand.
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Comment

SS M44?

Comment

Originally posted by veloce View Post
                  SS M44?

Yes, I should think so. Well known image of Wallonian troops.

Comment

Unique photograph.It appears too that the one 2nd left foreground has an eye-patch.Nice to see a photo of an M-44 that appears to be 'on the field'.Wonder how many more M-44 photos turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair L View Post
                      Nice to see a photo of an M-44 that appears to be 'on the field'.
                      That's why we are collecting them.

Comment

Originally posted by veloce View Post
                        That's why we are collecting them.

That's an nice one!Complete with MP40 pouches

Comment

2 more pictures I got from the E-Stand.

The first one is obviously a M44.

Concerning the second one, I bought it as a M43 and after receiving it this morning, I got a doubt that it could be a closed M44 as the front panel with the button holes goes "really far to the other side" (please pardon this aweful sentence but I don't how else I could explain it) if you compare it with the collar. This could indicate a M44 but nothing certain.
                          I would be glad to hear your opinions.

Best,

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                            2 more pictures I got from the E-Stand.

The first one is obviously a M44.

Concerning the second one, I bought it as a M43 and after receiving it this morning, I got a doubt that it could be a closed M44 as the front panel with the button holes goes "really far to the other side" (please pardon this aweful sentence but I don't how else I could explain it) if you compare it with the collar. This could indicate a M44 but nothing certain.
                            I would be glad to hear your opinions.

Best,

Max

IMO it is a M43 in the 2nd photo, nice photos!

Kev

Comment

One more received today: M44 with PAB and what seems to be a Demjansk shield. Interesting also the wear of dark green (Black?) should boards.

Last edited by Maxoumilitaria; 04-07-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome Photos! Love the M-44 and its great to see so many photographed being worn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X