Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
    Here some extra juice in the pot!

Always nice to see -IMO- those early shoulder boards on late war tunics, a clear veteran status also in this case.

Nice photo Z but that is a M-43 tunic with the front lapels pressed open.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Nice photo Z but that is a M-43 tunic with the front lapels pressed open.

Glenn
      Yes, you are correct Glenn, I was too hasty and forgot to notice the collar hooks...

Comment

M44 in wear from 0:24

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1kHQoPXJ_7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
          Yes, you are correct Glenn, I was too hasty and forgot to notice the collar hooks...
          Can't really blame you, it does have the triangular eagle wich is not commonly seen on M-43s.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            Can't really blame you, it does have the triangular eagle wich is not commonly seen on M-43s.
            Thank you ;-)... plus the lack of NCO tresse around the collar did not make me think twice...

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael1 View Post
              M44 in wear from 0:24
              Like often seen, most of them appear to be wearing rather the M43 than M44 trousers. I always find this intriguing, one would think the trousers would be sooner worn out (i.e. replaced) in stead of the tunic.

Comment

Great thread!So many rare and unique photos here.The M44 is a nice piece of garb which was born pretty much out wartime necessity.I'm sure a decent amount was on the frontlines but its such a scarce and elusive tunic that combat photos were VERY rare.Would love to find more photos of this Bluse

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair L View Post
                  ...I'm sure a decent amount was on the frontlines but its such a scarce and elusive tunic that combat photos were VERY rare.Would love to find more photos of this Bluse
                  True, both for the reasons that making photos in the frontline was prohibited and restricted only for the PK. Also, the M44 tunic was actually not intended to be worn on leave, but a true combat tunic (same as for the M43 cap). Of course this order was often ignored.

Comment

Found this on the web.I also saw this photo in a book.Its only part of a larger photo but is a good example of a M44 Bluse.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair L View Post
                      Found this on the web.I also saw this photo in a book.Its only part of a larger photo but is a good example of a M44 Bluse.

Yes, this photo appeared in Brian L. Davis' classic reference work "German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945". Note the wear of M-43 trousers.

Comment

One more from my collection.

One thing: when looking carefully at the M44 eagle's stitching, to me it really looks like some of the M44 jacket declared "restored" when shown on this forum.

Is there something that I miss ? Like something specific to differenciate a replaced eagle from an original one with this "line stitching" (apart from the mark of a former eagle)?

Thanks !!

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Maxoumilitaria View Post
                          One more from my collection.

One thing: when looking carefully at the M44 eagle's stitching, to me it really looks like some of the M44 jacket declared "restored" when shown on this forum.

Is there something that I miss ? Like something specific to differenciate a replaced eagle from an original one with this "line stitching" (apart from the mark of a former eagle)?

Thanks !!

Max

Nice photo; the tunic (and factory eagle application) looks typical to me.

Comment

2 pictures of the son of Generalveterinär Hugo Böttger wearing a M44

Comment

Wonderful photographs!Glad to see more being addedWhat I noticed just now is that I haven't seen any photos of M-44 with equipment being worn.I guess in someways it say's about the limited use of the feldbluse.

Comment

I guess it's also that not so many people were taking pictures on the frontline in 1945 (most of my pictures showing M44 jackets are from 1945). Some were taken in studio or at home during permissions but on the frontline itself, not sure it was the priority then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X