No announcement yet.

M-44 tunics in wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last photo, I apologise for these being in the wrong thread, but I thought they were interesting in the context of being taken all together with the M44s.
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you they are very interesting. I wonder what the device(s) on the collars (behind the Litzen) are.

Comment

My modest participation to this very interesting topic:

Obergefreiter with PAB, CCC and a shield (Kuban or Krim I would say).

I would almost say that he has a cufftitle of his left arm but I'm not completely sure.
        Attached Files

Comment

Due to the lack of a breast eagle I assume this to be a POW; very possible though that the tunic never had collar tabs.

Please not the 'P' device for Panzerjäger on his shoulder board.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
            Due to the lack of a breast eagle I assume this to be a POW; very possible though that the tunic never had collar tabs.

Please not the 'P' device for Panzerjäger on his shoulder board.
            I would agree with you Z that he is a POW, great photo and I am amazed he still had his EKI and WB and they had not been taken from him or used as barter in a trade with a guard.

Maxoumilitaria, that is a great Panzer-Grenadier photo you posted and yes it does look like a possible cuff title on his left arm. if you ever want to move it please keep me in mind! an instant favorite! can you tell if the ribbon bar under the CCC is a KVKII ribbon with photo in hand?

Kevin

Comment

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but lots of M44's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiP9zlP2mz0

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor Kauer View Post
                Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but lots of M44's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiP9zlP2mz0
                Great video and wonderful opening scene with the General and his Taylor made tunic, thanks for pointing this video out!

Kevin

Comment

Here are some POWs in Schleswig-Holstein, shortly after their capture. At least three are wearing M44 tunics,
                  Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another

Comment

Comment

very nice photos

Comment

Gebirgsjäger in M44

Note dark green shoulder boards - still common on late war uniform.

Comment

Great photos, thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                              I would agree with you Z that he is a POW, great photo and I am amazed he still had his EKI and WB and they had not been taken from him or used as barter in a trade with a guard.

Maxoumilitaria, that is a great Panzer-Grenadier photo you posted and yes it does look like a possible cuff title on his left arm. if you ever want to move it please keep me in mind! an instant favorite! can you tell if the ribbon bar under the CCC is a KVKII ribbon with photo in hand?

Kevin

Sorry Kevin, I missed you post when you wrote it.
                              The picture is not much clearer than the scan I posted but yes I would say it's a KVK ribbon.

Max

Comment

Here some extra juice in the pot!

Always nice to see -IMO- those early shoulder boards on late war tunics, a clear veteran status also in this case.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X