MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snapshot Photo of Hitler, Hess & Goering At 1934 Nurnberg Rally - Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot Photo of Hitler, Hess & Goering At 1934 Nurnberg Rally - Opinions Please

I forgot I had this photo stored away in my collection. Here are images using my scanner.

I believe it's original private photo taken in Nurnberg downtown square in 1934. Wanted to get another opinion on originality and that it is from 1934 Nurnberg.

It measures very small snapshot size, 60mm x 90mm. No UV glow to paper.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Colorado; 11-16-2011, 06:38 AM.
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if it is from 1934 Nurnberg, but it's 100% original photo!

Greetings, Rostyslav.

Comment

reminds me of that song..."standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by."

Comment

Hi Colorado,

Yes, I think this fine photo is from the 1934 RPT. I've compared the photos of the great march past on the Adolf Hitler-platz in the journals of the 1933, 1934 and 1935 yearbooks ("Reichstagung in Nürnberg") and, while Hitler seems to be wearing the same Traditions Uniform style in all three years, and the Mercedes touring car appears to be the same for all three years, the decoration of the buildings in the background (north side of the square?) looks more like that of the 1934 event than the other two years. Hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, I did always like the informality of the photo. The chauffeur/bodyguard has a more intense look on his face.

The man pointing out something to Goering, I wonder if that is Walter Buch?

It is interesting to see the invalids (WWI Vets?) in the front row in background of photo.

Comment

That may be Heinrich Hoffmann immediately in front of the light pole.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X