X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docs group on the e-stand up for discussion

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=551721

The EKII and silver WB docs are fake, IMO

The black and two ostfront look to be OK.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Can only agree. The Feldpost Number seen in the stamp on the EK II has the following entries..
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 5. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 186,
    (2.1.1940-27.4.1940) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 22824 B,
    (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Feldpostleitstelle 734.

...and the signature looks like a poor attempt. And the stamp on the SWB citation is poor and it looks like whoever signed it was trying to copy the signature seen on the BWB citation shown below it.

Comment

I am no expert but totally agree the signature on Ek2 look's dodgy full of hesitation, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
        Can only agree. The Feldpost Number seen in the stamp on the EK II has the following entries..
        (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 5. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 186,
        (2.1.1940-27.4.1940) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 22824 B,
        (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Feldpostleitstelle 734.

...and the signature looks like a poor attempt. And the stamp on the SWB citation is poor and it looks like whoever signed it was trying to copy the signature seen on the BWB citation shown below it.
        well spotted, totally in agreement.

Comment

I can make better pics if it will help

Comment

You don't have to go that far Tommy.

wrong stamp, the faker hadn't a clue how German unit designations worked nor who had the authority to award\sign an iron cross.

Not to mention the fact that you didn't get wachtmeisters in grenadier regiments

Still, on the other hand. Beschlagmeister is a seldom seen rank (farrier-sergeant)
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Definitely agree that the EK doc is no good.

And, I know its the seller's prerogative, but I always find it troubling that groups are posted for sale with the intention of selling the documents off individually. In this case, the group itself is no good but the intent to sell them individually seems to contradict the spirit of the estand. Specifically, the post says Documents to one Person but they all have separate prices.

Comment

And what about 11066 and 11067?
                Same medal given twice to the same person but from a different unit and at a different date
                Last edited by Ironcrown; 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I can only agree with the rest.

EK.2 and Silver wound badge documents are both fakes.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                    And what about 11066 and 11067?
                    Same medal given twice to the same person but from a different unit and at a different date
                    This is not an uncommon occurance, usually seen when a soldier has moved units inbetween qualifying and receiving the award.

Comment

Hi

Hi

I have no opinions if the docs are good or bad, but think it sounds a bit weird that some of the docs are real and other fakes when named to same soldier???

Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
                        Hi

I have no opinions if the docs are good or bad, but think it sounds a bit weird that some of the docs are real and other fakes when named to same soldier???

Nicolai

More than likely just someone trying to "fill the gaps" in a group by forging the missing documents in an attempt to fill the holes and increase the "value"

Rob

Comment

Unfortunately it's quite common to see groups 'boosted' or salted in order to increase value. It also gives a faker a place from which to start.

Comment

Good work Simon!

Comment

thanks!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X