SS Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric,

You may still have an original photo of that Tiger albeit sort of massed produced but not on the scale of the Propaganda Kompanie series photos which are also original photos. There was also a Book series published "Der Kampf im Westen or Ost" that comes with a picture history along with a pair of view finder glasses. As I said the photographer is a Kriegsberichter (War photographer/correspondent). Some of the vehicle shots I have in the photo album are marked with the KB unit symbol. The KB's main job was to make a photographic history of the Division but they in fact made alot more than one picture usually many of their photos made it into the hands of officers and enlisted soldiers within the Division...in this case the LAH. The album I have seems to be a special presentation piece where the 2.5 x 4 pics slot into the pages. So I wouldn't toss yours into the copy box and if you don't want it send it to me!! - Bill

Comment

Here are the LAH Kriegsberichter vehicles with the marking KB on the fender and rear section of the auto.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I just thought I would give a heads up. I just know that Russians are reprinting popular photographs including entire albums on original AFGA film paper. IM NOT IN ANY WAY IMPLYING YOURS ARE FAKE. Just giving you a heads up that I saw the same photo on a Russian Website. He has a few images he also took from my website as well and he may have just saved the image from the source you got your album from. Here is the link, It loads really slow. the picture is called something like molotov_on_SS or something like that.

http://scalecombat.narod.ru/realwar/ww2photos.html

regards,

Toomas

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for the compliment re my pics.

I must say the ones you posted are superb .

Thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Originally posted by W Petz
          Kevin,

Some nice early war SS pics I don't really collect them myself and you can usually find me on the fallschirmjaeger forum. I did pick up a LAH photo album recently in a trade and before I send it off to my buddy in Tennessee...I will post a few pics here to share with you. Bill

Comment

Sturmprr,

No Offense taken...got carried away trying to make my point about the KB photos. Very possible for others to obtain originals from the very same KB. Thanks for providing the link...always good to know these links and check them out because they steal photos quite often...without permission from the current owner of the photo.

Kevin,
            Thanks for the compliment as well. I'm sure my buddy will appreciate these photos. He is just as fascinated with SS photos as much as I am with Fallschirmjaeger photos. I'm sending him two portrait photos as well. one is quite large (8.5 X 11.5) which came out of a broken frame and the other is a foreign volunteer in postcard size. When I was in Germany I use to send him loads of SS pics found at Flea markets but now my sources are quite limited in Southern Texas!!

Here is the large SS Portrait
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the Postcard size SS Foreign Volunteer. No name on reverse but has gefallen 12.9.42
              Attached Files

Comment

Sturmprr,

Here is the large SS Portrait
                Without a doubt a fake, this is obviously Michael Scumacher doing reenacting.
                Attached Files

Comment

My thoughts exactly re Schumacher

Comment

Chris,

If I was trying to be humorous I couldn't have picked a better pic than the one you posted

Comment

Chris,

If I was trying to be humorous I couldn't have picked a better pic than the one you posted
                      Hi,
                      meant as a joke, as soon as I saw the guys thin lips, pudgy cheeks, long chin and smug Smile I heard the roar of Formula one in the background.
                      I am sure the photo is good, but the resemblance to M.S. is astounding.
                      All the best
                      Chris

Comment

Chris,

OK! Got it Sorry I don't have anymore SS photos!! - Bill

Comment

Here is the Postcard size SS Foreign Volunteer. No name on reverse but has gefallen 12.9.42
                          Best photo of SS TK button I've seen in a while.

Comment

Robin,

Thanks! this was a recent flea market find by a British friend in Heilbronn, Germany.

Chris,

Do you think that pic of the SS Rottenfuehrer may possibly be a relation to M.S.? as your said the resemblence is astounding!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Binder
                              Just a heads up I also have a picture of the same Tiger in snow camouflage shown in the scans. Its also printed on old Agfa paper. I believed it to be 100%. Now I have to wonder....

Eric
                              If the photographer was an official war photographer, isn't it possible that some of these photographs had a wider distribution than your normal soldier's personal snapshots? After all, it's not like you have to only make one image from any given negative...

--Chris

Comment

My wifes grandfathers Narvik album has shots we all know from books. after the campaign (during the war) he ordered photos and whammo, he has the whole bunch of famous photos in his album.

I realised this when I bought a photo album to another destroyer guy... and he had the same photos !!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X